2012-10-19 03:57:58

by Javier Lopez

Subject: Receive BlockAckReq and BlockAck on carl9170 driver

Hello all,

We are trying to receive BlockAckReq and BlockAck on carl9170 driver.
We've been playing with CARL9170_RX_FILTER_CTL_OTHER and
CARL9170_RX_FILTER_CTL_BACKR rx filters but we cannot see those frames
on the traps we have on carl9170_handle_mpdu function.

Is it not possible to receive those frames on driver? Are we missing something?

I'm using latest carl9170-fw from chunkeey github.
And 3.5.y branch from compat-drivers.

Javier Lopez
Software Engineer
cozybit Inc.

2012-10-20 17:17:22

by Christian Lamparter

Hello Javier,

On Saturday 20 October 2012 18:51:37 Javier Lopez wrote:
> Thanks for your comments, they helped a lot.
Really? But how, all I did was "ask questions"?

> Now we are able to receive the frames on
> carl9170_handle_mpdu on mesh mode.
ok, I never got around and tested mesh mode
operation with carl9170 properly.

> After setting the monitor interface we noticed that
> the traps were not called but the frames were received.
> So we checked the traps and we saw that they were
> placed before the frame was correctly aligned.
Well, ok. So the code is confusing :-/. I guess
the _mpdu should be split into to parts so it's
more obvious when a trap handler can be inserted.

> Then removing the CARL9170_RX_FILTER_CTL_OTHER did the rest.
Ok, maybe the terminology is a bit odd in this case. Normally
when I think of the word filter, then I think of something which
prevent things from going trough. However mac80211's
"configure_filter" is sort of the opposite, e.g.: if FIF_CONTROL
is set, then control frames like BA/ACKS/BARS/RTS/CTS/... should
"pass-through". But I've already updated the fwcmd.h include,
so when the next fw release comes along it should hit the driver
as well.

Regards,
Chr

2012-10-20 16:51:38

by Javier Lopez

Hello Christian,

Thanks for your comments, they helped a lot. Now we are able to
receive the frames on carl9170_handle_mpdu on mesh mode.

After setting the monitor interface we noticed that the traps were not
called but the frames were received. So we checked the traps and we
saw that they were placed before the frame was correctly aligned.

Then removing the CARL9170_RX_FILTER_CTL_OTHER did the rest.

Thanks,

Jlo

--
Javier Lopez