2011-12-14 13:49:05

by Soumik Das

Subject: wmm admission control in mac80211

Hi,

I was looking at the mac80211. It seems there is no support for admission control in the current implementation.

Is there any near term plan for adding the support? Otherwise can I add the support myself?

Please let me know.

Regards,
Soumik

2011-12-14 13:59:26

by Johannes Berg

Subject: Re: wmm admission control in mac80211

On Wed, 2011-12-14 at 13:43 +0000, Soumik Das wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was looking at the mac80211. It seems there is no support for admission control in the current implementation.
>

> Is there any near term plan for adding the support? Otherwise can I add the support myself?

I don't know of any plans to add it, but feel free to.

johannes

2011-12-18 07:42:44

by Yoni Divinsky

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Johannes Berg
<[email protected]> wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-12-14 at 13:43 +0000, Soumik Das wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was looking at the mac80211. It seems there is no support for admission control in the current implementation.
> >

> > Is there any near term plan for adding the support? Otherwise can I add the support myself?
>
> I don't know of any plans to add it, but feel free to.

I have started and implementation to support wmm admission control in mac80211

The implementation also included an API with nl80211.

I will probably send an RFC in the upcoming days.

Thanks,
Yoni Divinsky

> johannes

> More majordomo info at ?http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

2012-03-15 06:22:52

by Soumik Das

Hi,

In the current driver operation (ieee80211_ops)? there is no provision for configuring medium time. But this would be essential for admission control.

Will it be better to add a new (optional) operation in ieee80211 or can we add a new field in ieee80211_tx_queue_params?

Regards,
Soumik

<[email protected]> wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-12-14 at 13:43 +0000, Soumik Das wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was looking at the mac80211. It seems there is no support for admission control in the current implementation.
> >

> > Is there any near term plan for adding the support? Otherwise can I add the support myself?
>
> I don't know of any plans to add it, but feel free to.

I have started and implementation to support wmm admission control in mac80211

The implementation also included an API with nl80211.

I will probably send an RFC in the upcoming days.

Thanks,
Yoni Divinsky

> johannes

> More majordomo info at ?http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

2012-03-15 08:47:45

by Johannes Berg

On Thu, 2012-03-15 at 06:22 +0000, Soumik Das wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the current driver operation (ieee80211_ops) there is no provision for configuring medium time. But this would be essential for admission control.
>
> Will it be better to add a new (optional) operation in ieee80211 or can we add a new field in ieee80211_tx_queue_params?

It seems a new TX queue field would be better, but keep in mind that not
all drivers/devices will support it.

johannes