2012-05-14 19:47:36

by Philipp Dreimann

Subject: frequent disconnects with iwlwifi

Hello,

my wifi connection is unstable with the 3.4-rc-kernels. Kernel 3.2 works fine.

The first symptom was: "deauthenticating from 00:1f:3f:d0:65:73 by
local choice (reason=3)"

Then, by using debug=0x43fff as a module parameter, messages like the
following are in the log file before the disconnect:
I iwl_enqueue_hcmd Sending command SENSITIVITY_CMD (#a8), seq: 0x09CD,
52 bytes at 205[13]:9
I iwl_enqueue_hcmd Sending command SENSITIVITY_CMD (#a8), seq: 0x09CE,
52 bytes at 206[14]:9
I iwl_enqueue_hcmd Sending command SENSITIVITY_CMD (#a8), seq: 0x09CF,
52 bytes at 207[15]:9
I iwl_enqueue_hcmd Sending command SENSITIVITY_CMD (#a8), seq: 0x09D0,
52 bytes at 208[16]:9
I iwl_enqueue_hcmd Sending command SENSITIVITY_CMD (#a8), seq: 0x09D1,
52 bytes at 209[17]:9

Another thing I noticed is that the disconnects are happening (most of
the time) every 20 minutes and 18 seconds. The connection is
established immediately after the disconnect. This is also not
happening with every access point, but unfortunately with the one at
home. The logfile of the AP states that my client did not respond in
time and ie being disconnected because of that.

The access point settings are wpa2 psk, ccmp, channel 1, 11n enabled.
According to the iwlwifi module, my card is a 6205AGN, REV=0xB0 .
Please let me know if I can help with more information.

Best,
Philipp Dreimann

2012-05-15 12:14:55

by Philipp Dreimann

Subject: Re: frequent disconnects with iwlwifi

On 15 May 2012 13:18, Emmanuel Grumbach <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 10:39 PM, Philipp Dreimann <[email protected]> wrote:
> Sedat, your business is doing well. You have another customer. This is
> a bug in NM. Sedat will provide details :-)

I saw Sedat's posts and wanted to try disabling ipv6 handling in NM
first to see if it helps. And, yes, it does.

Cheers

2012-05-16 08:06:46

by Sedat Dilek

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Philipp Dreimann <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 15 May 2012 13:18, Emmanuel Grumbach <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 10:39 PM, Philipp Dreimann <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Sedat, your business is doing well. You have another customer. This is
>> a bug in NM. Sedat will provide details :-)
>
> I saw Sedat's posts and wanted to try disabling ipv6 handling in NM
> first to see if it helps. And, yes, it does.
>
> Cheers

Normally, I am used a classic /etc/network/interfaces file to
configure my network environment, but Ubuntu/precise shipped NM and I
gave it a try.

To (disable) ignore IPv6 in NM seems to be the easiest way.
Alternatively, I have added debdiffs for re-packaging a NM version w/o
this misbehaviour.

Just follow news on Ubuntu LP #988183.

- Sedat -

2012-05-15 11:18:37