2016-09-20 17:27:45

by Gucea Doru

Subject: Qualcomm: Power Save Algorithm in STA+STA mode

Hello, everyone

I'm a master student and I currently work on designing an algorithm
for reducing the power consumption when a mobile device is associated
to multiple Access Points that operate on the same channel.

I tried to design my algorithm around the prima driver [1] but I
noticed that the power save feature is fully implemented in the
firmware (Beacon Mode Power Save). Unfortunately, the firmware is
closed-source and I can't do any modifications.

Is there any Qualcomm representative reading this mailing list that
could help me get a possible solution for the above problem?

[1] https://source.codeaurora.org/quic/la

Thank you,
Doru

2016-10-14 11:11:01

by Gucea Doru

Subject: Re: Qualcomm: Power Save Algorithm in STA+STA mode

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 8:27 PM, Gucea Doru <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello, everyone
>
> I'm a master student and I currently work on designing an algorithm
> for reducing the power consumption when a mobile device is associated
> to multiple Access Points that operate on the same channel.
>
> I tried to design my algorithm around the prima driver [1] but I
> noticed that the power save feature is fully implemented in the
> firmware (Beacon Mode Power Save). Unfortunately, the firmware is
> closed-source and I can't do any modifications.
>
> Is there any Qualcomm representative reading this mailing list that
> could help me get a possible solution for the above problem?
>

> [1] https://source.codeaurora.org/quic/la
>
> Thank you,
> Doru

Is there any Qualcomm-Atheros developer who could help me/redirect to
the right person?

Thanks,
Doru