2016-07-25 20:36:37

by Fabio Estevam

Subject: BRCM4339 NVRAM file

Hi,

I am trying to use brcm4339 on a imx6ul-pico board running kernel 4.7.

According to commit bed89b64bcbc7 (" brcmfmac: add firmware and nvram
file name for bcm4339") we need to provide brcmfmac4339-sdio.bin and
brcmfmac4339-sdio.txt files.

Was able to get the brcmfmac4339-sdio.bin from linux-firmware git
tree, but could not find the nvram file: brcmfmac4339-sdio.txt.

Does anyone know where brcmfmac4339-sdio.txt can be found?

Thanks,

Fabio Estevam

2016-07-26 19:25:56

by Fabio Estevam

Subject: Re: BRCM4339 NVRAM file

Hi Arend,

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 4:20 PM, Arend van Spriel
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I though it would be mentioned in [1], but unfortunately not (will
> change that). The nvram is board specific so you will have to ask the
> vendor supplying the bcm4339. From what I googled that would be
> TechNexion, right?

That's correct.

Thanks for the clarification.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

2016-07-26 19:20:30

by Arend Van Spriel

On 25-07-16 22:36, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use brcm4339 on a imx6ul-pico board running kernel 4.7.
>
> According to commit bed89b64bcbc7 (" brcmfmac: add firmware and nvram
> file name for bcm4339") we need to provide brcmfmac4339-sdio.bin and
> brcmfmac4339-sdio.txt files.
>
> Was able to get the brcmfmac4339-sdio.bin from linux-firmware git
> tree, but could not find the nvram file: brcmfmac4339-sdio.txt.
>
> Does anyone know where brcmfmac4339-sdio.txt can be found?

I though it would be mentioned in [1], but unfortunately not (will
change that). The nvram is board specific so you will have to ask the
vendor supplying the bcm4339. From what I googled that would be
TechNexion, right?

Regards,
Arend

[1] https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/brcm80211