Subject: Ralink RT3070: absolute transmit power information

Hi all,
On my ubuntu machine I can view transmit power used by RT3070 driver using "iwpriv ra0 show TxPower".
It looks like this returns results in percentage - I got 75 (implying 75%).

How do I get the absolute transmit power used (in dBm or mW) ?

Regards
Raghu

>You are using a driver not supported by this project,
>so you have to manually change the Ralink driver source code yourself.
>When you use the rt2x00 drivers, you automatically get the dBm/mW value.

Is there a source tarball of rt2x00 available somewhere ? git ports are blocked by firewall and
this link does not work :
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/ivd/rt2x00.git;a=summary

--Raghu

2011-10-19 13:36:52

by Ivo Van Doorn

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 3:29 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:
>>You are using a driver not supported by this project,
>>so you have to manually change the Ralink driver source code yourself.
>>When you use the rt2x00 drivers, you automatically get the dBm/mW value.
>
> Is there a source tarball of rt2x00 available somewhere ? git ports are blocked by firewall and
> this link does not work :
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/ivd/rt2x00.git;a=summary

You can use compat-wireless tarball,
or the wireless-testing, or linux-2.6 GIT trees.

Ivo

2011-10-19 12:59:49

by Ivo Van Doorn