2019-05-13 19:30:25

by Ben Greear

Subject: Re: ath10k 5Ghz RSSI low

On 5/13/19 9:56 AM, Sam Samy wrote:
> Hi,
> I installed master branch openwrt onto Asus MAP-AC2200 AP. It has tri
> band. Its based on IPQ4019 DK04 QCA reference platform. 2 radios
> (2Ghz/5Ghz) on AHB bus and one 5GHZ on PCIe bus. Its generally working
> fine except one problem in 5Ghz. On both the 5Ghz radios the RSSI is
> pretty low on any channel I put it in. In one feet range I see -60dB
> RSSI, where as the stock firmware that came with the AP gives an RSSI
> of -36dB at one foot distance.The downstream transmit rates are MCS8/9
> for most part. The 2Ghz is working fine. Its using the cal data from
> the flash that came with the AP.
>
> Can you please suggest anyway to debug this or improve the RSSI?
>
> Thanks you!

Hello, what firmware are you using (ath10k-ct, or QCA?) If using -ct firmware,
please try QCA firmware and let me know if that fixes the problem.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <[email protected]>

by Sam Samy

hi Ben,

> Hello, what firmware are you using (ath10k-ct, or QCA?) If using -ct firmware,
> please try QCA firmware and let me know if that fixes the problem.

I tried both. Both have the same problem. I tried various versions
of the both(-ct and QCA) firmware as well. All have the same problem.

Thanks

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 10:00 AM Ben Greear <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 5/13/19 9:56 AM, Sam Samy wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I installed master branch openwrt onto Asus MAP-AC2200 AP. It has tri
> > band. Its based on IPQ4019 DK04 QCA reference platform. 2 radios
> > (2Ghz/5Ghz) on AHB bus and one 5GHZ on PCIe bus. Its generally working
> > fine except one problem in 5Ghz. On both the 5Ghz radios the RSSI is
> > pretty low on any channel I put it in. In one feet range I see -60dB
> > RSSI, where as the stock firmware that came with the AP gives an RSSI
> > of -36dB at one foot distance.The downstream transmit rates are MCS8/9
> > for most part. The 2Ghz is working fine. Its using the cal data from
> > the flash that came with the AP.
> >
> > Can you please suggest anyway to debug this or improve the RSSI?
> >
> > Thanks you!
> >

> Hello, what firmware are you using (ath10k-ct, or QCA?) If using -ct firmware,
> please try QCA firmware and let me know if that fixes the problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Ben
>
> --
> Ben Greear <[email protected]>
> Candela Technologies Inc http://www.candelatech.com

2019-05-13 19:31:39

by Ben Greear

On 5/13/19 10:26 AM, Sam Samy wrote:
> hi Ben,
>
>> Hello, what firmware are you using (ath10k-ct, or QCA?) If using -ct firmware,
>> please try QCA firmware and let me know if that fixes the problem.
>>
> I tried both. Both have the same problem. I tried various versions
> of the both(-ct and QCA) firmware as well. All have the same problem.

Probably it is a board-file and/or calibration data issue then.

The debugfs 'ath10k/tpc_stats' file may show very low values?

Thanks,
Ben

> Thanks
>
> On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 10:00 AM Ben Greear <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> On 5/13/19 9:56 AM, Sam Samy wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I installed master branch openwrt onto Asus MAP-AC2200 AP. It has tri
>>> band. Its based on IPQ4019 DK04 QCA reference platform. 2 radios
>>> (2Ghz/5Ghz) on AHB bus and one 5GHZ on PCIe bus. Its generally working
>>> fine except one problem in 5Ghz. On both the 5Ghz radios the RSSI is
>>> pretty low on any channel I put it in. In one feet range I see -60dB
>>> RSSI, where as the stock firmware that came with the AP gives an RSSI
>>> of -36dB at one foot distance.The downstream transmit rates are MCS8/9
>>> for most part. The 2Ghz is working fine. Its using the cal data from
>>> the flash that came with the AP.
>>>
>>> Can you please suggest anyway to debug this or improve the RSSI?
>>>
>>> Thanks you!
>>>

>> Hello, what firmware are you using (ath10k-ct, or QCA?) If using -ct firmware,
>> please try QCA firmware and let me know if that fixes the problem.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ben
>>
>> --
>> Ben Greear <[email protected]>
>> Candela Technologies Inc http://www.candelatech.com

--
Ben Greear <[email protected]>

by Sam Samy

> Probably it is a board-file and/or calibration data issue then.
>
> The debugfs 'ath10k/tpc_stats' file may show very low values?

I am not sure if the values are right. Here is one of the 5Ghz radio stats:

root@OpenWrt:/sys# cat ./kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy0/ath10k/tpc_stats

*************************************
TPC config for channel 5320 mode 10
*************************************
CTL = 0x10 Reg. Domain = 58
Antenna Gain = 0 Reg. Max Antenna Gain = 0
Power Limit = 46 Reg. Max Power = 46
Num tx chains = 2 Num supported rates = 129
********************************
******************* CDD POWER TABLE ****************
********************************
No. Preamble Rate_code tpc_value0 tpc_value1 tpc_value2 tpc_value3
0 CCK 0x40 0 0
1 CCK 0x41 0 0
2 CCK 0x42 0 0
3 CCK 0x43 0 0
4 OFDM 0x 0 36 34
5 OFDM 0x 1 38 34
6 OFDM 0x 2 38 34
7 OFDM 0x 3 38 34
8 OFDM 0x 4 34 34
9 OFDM 0x 5 38 34
10 OFDM 0x 6 38 34
11 OFDM 0x 7 38 34
12 HT20 0x80 38 34
13 HT20 0x81 38 34
14 HT20 0x82 38 34
15 HT20 0x83 38 34
16 HT20 0x84 38 34
17 HT20 0x85 36 34
18 HT20 0x86 34 34
19 HT20 0x87 32 32
20 HT20 0x90 38 38
21 HT20 0x91 38 38
22 HT20 0x92 38 38
23 HT20 0x93 38 38
24 HT20 0x94 38 38
25 HT20 0x95 36 36
26 HT20 0x96 34 34
27 HT20 0x97 32 32
28 HT40 0x80 37 34
29 HT40 0x81 37 34
30 HT40 0x82 37 34
31 HT40 0x83 37 34
32 HT40 0x84 37 34
33 HT40 0x85 35 34
34 HT40 0x86 33 33
35 HT40 0x87 31 31
36 HT40 0x90 37 37
37 HT40 0x91 37 37
38 HT40 0x92 37 37
39 HT40 0x93 37 37
40 HT40 0x94 37 37
41 HT40 0x95 35 35
42 HT40 0x96 33 33
43 HT40 0x97 31 31
44 VHT20 0xc0 38 34
45 VHT20 0xc1 38 34
46 VHT20 0xc2 38 34
47 VHT20 0xc3 38 34
48 VHT20 0xc4 38 34
49 VHT20 0xc5 36 34
50 VHT20 0xc6 34 34
51 VHT20 0xc7 32 32
52 VHT20 0xc8 31 31
53 VHT20 0xc9 30 30
54 VHT20 0xd0 38 38
55 VHT20 0xd1 38 38
56 VHT20 0xd2 38 38
57 VHT20 0xd3 38 38
58 VHT20 0xd4 38 38
59 VHT20 0xd5 36 36
60 VHT20 0xd6 34 34
61 VHT20 0xd7 32 32
62 VHT20 0xd8 31 31
63 VHT20 0xd9 30 30
64 VHT40 0xc0 37 34
65 VHT40 0xc1 37 34
66 VHT40 0xc2 37 34
67 VHT40 0xc3 37 34
68 VHT40 0xc4 37 34
69 VHT40 0xc5 35 34
70 VHT40 0xc6 33 33
71 VHT40 0xc7 31 31
72 VHT40 0xc8 30 30
73 VHT40 0xc9 29 29
74 VHT40 0xd0 37 37
75 VHT40 0xd1 37 37
76 VHT40 0xd2 37 37
77 VHT40 0xd3 37 37
78 VHT40 0xd4 37 37
79 VHT40 0xd5 35 35
80 VHT40 0xd6 33 33
81 VHT40 0xd7 31 31
82 VHT40 0xd8 30 30
83 VHT40 0xd9 29 29
84 VHT80 0xc0 36 34
85 VHT80 0xc1 36 34
86 VHT80 0xc2 36 34
87 VHT80 0xc3 36 34
88 VHT80 0xc4 36 34
89 VHT80 0xc5 34 34
90 VHT80 0xc6 32 32
91 VHT80 0xc7 30 30
92 VHT80 0xc8 29 29
93 VHT80 0xc9 28 28
94 VHT80 0xd0 36 36
95 VHT80 0xd1 36 36
96 VHT80 0xd2 36 36
97 VHT80 0xd3 36 36
98 VHT80 0xd4 36 36
99 VHT80 0xd5 34 34
100 VHT80 0xd6 32 32
101 VHT80 0xd7 30 30
102 VHT80 0xd8 29 29
103 VHT80 0xd9 28 28
104 HTCUP 0x40 36 36
105 HTCUP 0x 0 36 34
106 HTCUP 0x40 36 36
107 HTCUP 0x 0 36 34
108 HTCUP 0x 0 36 34
109 HTCUP 0x7a 34 34
110 HTCUP 0x8a 32 32
111 HTCUP 0x a 30 30
112 HTCUP 0xee 27 27
113 HTCUP 0xa6 26 26
114 HTCUP 0x90 36 36
115 HTCUP 0x1d 36 36
116 HTCUP 0x80 36 34
117 HTCUP 0x41 36 36
118 HTCUP 0xd9 36 36
119 HTCUP 0x64 34 34
120 HTCUP 0xf9 32 32
121 HTCUP 0x 0 30 30
122 HTCUP 0x 0 27 27
123 HTCUP 0x 0 26 26
124 HTCUP 0x64 0 0
125 HTCUP 0x 0 37 34
126 HTCUP 0x31 0 0
127 HTCUP 0x 4 37 34
128 HTCUP 0x 0 38 34
***********************************
********************************
******************* STBC POWER TABLE ****************
********************************
No. Preamble Rate_code tpc_value0 tpc_value1 tpc_value2 tpc_value3
0 CCK 0x40 0 0
1 CCK 0x41 0 0
2 CCK 0x42 0 0
3 CCK 0x43 0 0
4 OFDM 0x 0 36 36
5 OFDM 0x 1 38 38
6 OFDM 0x 2 38 38
7 OFDM 0x 3 38 38
8 OFDM 0x 4 34 34
9 OFDM 0x 5 38 38
10 OFDM 0x 6 38 38
11 OFDM 0x 7 38 38
12 HT20 0x80 38 38
13 HT20 0x81 38 38
14 HT20 0x82 38 38
15 HT20 0x83 38 38
16 HT20 0x84 38 38
17 HT20 0x85 36 36
18 HT20 0x86 34 34
19 HT20 0x87 32 32
20 HT20 0x90 38 38
21 HT20 0x91 38 38
22 HT20 0x92 38 38
23 HT20 0x93 38 38
24 HT20 0x94 38 38
25 HT20 0x95 36 36
26 HT20 0x96 34 34
27 HT20 0x97 32 32
28 HT40 0x80 37 37
29 HT40 0x81 37 37
30 HT40 0x82 37 37
31 HT40 0x83 37 37
32 HT40 0x84 37 37
33 HT40 0x85 35 35
34 HT40 0x86 33 33
35 HT40 0x87 31 31
36 HT40 0x90 37 37
37 HT40 0x91 37 37
38 HT40 0x92 37 37
39 HT40 0x93 37 37
40 HT40 0x94 37 37
41 HT40 0x95 35 35
42 HT40 0x96 33 33
43 HT40 0x97 31 31
44 VHT20 0xc0 38 38
45 VHT20 0xc1 38 38
46 VHT20 0xc2 38 38
47 VHT20 0xc3 38 38
48 VHT20 0xc4 38 38
49 VHT20 0xc5 36 36
50 VHT20 0xc6 34 34
51 VHT20 0xc7 32 32
52 VHT20 0xc8 31 31
53 VHT20 0xc9 30 30
54 VHT20 0xd0 38 38
55 VHT20 0xd1 38 38
56 VHT20 0xd2 38 38
57 VHT20 0xd3 38 38
58 VHT20 0xd4 38 38
59 VHT20 0xd5 36 36
60 VHT20 0xd6 34 34
61 VHT20 0xd7 32 32
62 VHT20 0xd8 31 31
63 VHT20 0xd9 30 30
64 VHT40 0xc0 37 37
65 VHT40 0xc1 37 37
66 VHT40 0xc2 37 37
67 VHT40 0xc3 37 37
68 VHT40 0xc4 37 37
69 VHT40 0xc5 35 35
70 VHT40 0xc6 33 33
71 VHT40 0xc7 31 31
72 VHT40 0xc8 30 30
73 VHT40 0xc9 29 29
74 VHT40 0xd0 37 37
75 VHT40 0xd1 37 37
76 VHT40 0xd2 37 37
77 VHT40 0xd3 37 37
78 VHT40 0xd4 37 37
79 VHT40 0xd5 35 35
80 VHT40 0xd6 33 33
81 VHT40 0xd7 31 31
82 VHT40 0xd8 30 30
83 VHT40 0xd9 29 29
84 VHT80 0xc0 36 36
85 VHT80 0xc1 36 36
86 VHT80 0xc2 36 36
87 VHT80 0xc3 36 36
88 VHT80 0xc4 36 36
89 VHT80 0xc5 34 34
90 VHT80 0xc6 32 32
91 VHT80 0xc7 30 30
92 VHT80 0xc8 29 29
93 VHT80 0xc9 28 28
94 VHT80 0xd0 36 36
95 VHT80 0xd1 36 36
96 VHT80 0xd2 36 36
97 VHT80 0xd3 36 36
98 VHT80 0xd4 36 36
99 VHT80 0xd5 34 34
100 VHT80 0xd6 32 32
101 VHT80 0xd7 30 30
102 VHT80 0xd8 29 29
103 VHT80 0xd9 28 28
104 HTCUP 0x40 36 36
105 HTCUP 0x 0 36 36
106 HTCUP 0x40 36 36
107 HTCUP 0x 0 36 36
108 HTCUP 0x 0 36 36
109 HTCUP 0x7a 34 34
110 HTCUP 0x8a 32 32
111 HTCUP 0x a 30 30
112 HTCUP 0xee 27 27
113 HTCUP 0xa6 26 26
114 HTCUP 0x90 36 36
115 HTCUP 0x1d 36 36
116 HTCUP 0x80 36 36
117 HTCUP 0x41 36 36
118 HTCUP 0xd9 36 36
119 HTCUP 0x64 34 34
120 HTCUP 0xf9 32 32
121 HTCUP 0x 0 30 30
122 HTCUP 0x 0 27 27
123 HTCUP 0x 0 26 26
124 HTCUP 0x64 0 0
125 HTCUP 0x 0 37 37
126 HTCUP 0x31 0 0
127 HTCUP 0x 4 37 37
128 HTCUP 0x 0 38 38
***********************************
TXBF not supported
***************************
root@OpenWrt:/sys#

Thanks

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 10:27 AM Ben Greear <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 5/13/19 10:26 AM, Sam Samy wrote:
> > hi Ben,
> >
> >> Hello, what firmware are you using (ath10k-ct, or QCA?) If using -ct firmware,
> >> please try QCA firmware and let me know if that fixes the problem.
> >>
> > I tried both. Both have the same problem. I tried various versions
> > of the both(-ct and QCA) firmware as well. All have the same problem.
>
> Probably it is a board-file and/or calibration data issue then.
>
> The debugfs 'ath10k/tpc_stats' file may show very low values?
>
> Thanks,
> Ben
>

> > Thanks

> >> Hello, what firmware are you using (ath10k-ct, or QCA?) If using -ct firmware,
> >> please try QCA firmware and let me know if that fixes the problem.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Ben
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ben Greear <[email protected]>
> >> Candela Technologies Inc http://www.candelatech.com
> >>

> --
> Ben Greear <[email protected]>
> Candela Technologies Inc http://www.candelatech.com

2019-05-13 19:46:03

by Sam Samy

hi Ben,

I also looked at the TPC on the stock firmware on the AP. There is a
difference.

Here is the snippet from stock firmware:

TPC Config for channel 5765 mode 10
CTL = 0x10 Reg. Domain = 20
Antenna Gain = 0 Reg. Max Antenna Gain = 12
Power Limit = 63 Reg. Max Power = 60
Num tx chains = 2 Num Supported Rates = 109
**************** CDD POWER TABLE ****************

Where as in openwrt it is:

*************************************
TPC config for channel 5765 mode 10
*************************************
CTL = 0x10 Reg. Domain = 58
Antenna Gain = 0 Reg. Max Antenna Gain = 0
Power Limit = 60 Reg. Max Power = 30
Num tx chains = 2 Num supported rates = 109
********************************

So looks like reg ,domain is different even though both are US.
(Although I didnt set anything on stock firmware. The countrycode from
iwpriv get_countrycode says its 841.)

Also, the antenna gain seems different between stock and openwrt firmware..

How to change the reg. domain like in stock firmware in openwrt
although I set to US in the uci.

root@OpenWrt:/sys# uci show | grep country
uhttpd.defaults.country='ZZ'
wireless.radio0.country='US'
wireless.radio1.country='US'
wireless.radio2.country='US'
root@OpenWrt:/sys#

Thanks

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 10:36 AM Sam Samy <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]
> 66 VHT40 0xc2 37 37
> 67 VHT40 0xc3 37 37
> 68 VHT40 0xc4 37 37
> 69 VHT40 0xc5 35 35
> 70 VHT40 0xc6 33 33
> 71 VHT40 0xc7 31 31
> 72 VHT40 0xc8 30 30
> 73 VHT40 0xc9 29 29
> 74 VHT40 0xd0 37 37
> 75 VHT40 0xd1 37 37
> 76 VHT40 0xd2 37 37
> 77 VHT40 0xd3 37 37
> 78 VHT40 0xd4 37 37
> 79 VHT40 0xd5 35 35
> 80 VHT40 0xd6 33 33
> 81 VHT40 0xd7 31 31
> 82 VHT40 0xd8 30 30
> 83 VHT40 0xd9 29 29
> 84 VHT80 0xc0 36 36
> 85 VHT80 0xc1 36 36
> 86 VHT80 0xc2 36 36
> 87 VHT80 0xc3 36 36
> 88 VHT80 0xc4 36 36
> 89 VHT80 0xc5 34 34
> 90 VHT80 0xc6 32 32
> 91 VHT80 0xc7 30 30
> 92 VHT80 0xc8 29 29
> 93 VHT80 0xc9 28 28
> 94 VHT80 0xd0 36 36
> 95 VHT80 0xd1 36 36
> 96 VHT80 0xd2 36 36
> 97 VHT80 0xd3 36 36
> 98 VHT80 0xd4 36 36
> 99 VHT80 0xd5 34 34
> 100 VHT80 0xd6 32 32
> 101 VHT80 0xd7 30 30
> 102 VHT80 0xd8 29 29
> 103 VHT80 0xd9 28 28
> 104 HTCUP 0x40 36 36
> 105 HTCUP 0x 0 36 36
> 106 HTCUP 0x40 36 36
> 107 HTCUP 0x 0 36 36
> 108 HTCUP 0x 0 36 36
> 109 HTCUP 0x7a 34 34
> 110 HTCUP 0x8a 32 32
> 111 HTCUP 0x a 30 30
> 112 HTCUP 0xee 27 27
> 113 HTCUP 0xa6 26 26
> 114 HTCUP 0x90 36 36
> 115 HTCUP 0x1d 36 36
> 116 HTCUP 0x80 36 36
> 117 HTCUP 0x41 36 36
> 118 HTCUP 0xd9 36 36
> 119 HTCUP 0x64 34 34
> 120 HTCUP 0xf9 32 32
> 121 HTCUP 0x 0 30 30
> 122 HTCUP 0x 0 27 27
> 123 HTCUP 0x 0 26 26
> 124 HTCUP 0x64 0 0
> 125 HTCUP 0x 0 37 37
> 126 HTCUP 0x31 0 0
> 127 HTCUP 0x 4 37 37
> 128 HTCUP 0x 0 38 38
> ***********************************
> TXBF not supported
> ***************************
> root@OpenWrt:/sys#
>

> Thanks
>
> On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 10:27 AM Ben Greear <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > On 5/13/19 10:26 AM, Sam Samy wrote:
> > > hi Ben,

> > > I tried both. Both have the same problem. I tried various versions
> > > of the both(-ct and QCA) firmware as well. All have the same problem.
> >
> > Probably it is a board-file and/or calibration data issue then.
> >
> > The debugfs 'ath10k/tpc_stats' file may show very low values?

2019-05-13 19:46:44

by Ben Greear

On 5/13/19 11:10 AM, Sam Samy wrote:
> hi Ben,
>
> I also looked at the TPC on the stock firmware on the AP. There is a
> difference.

I think you should write to the openwrt mailing list and/or its bug tracker
and see if they can help.

Thanks,
Ben

> [...]
>> 68 VHT40 0xc4 37 37
>> 69 VHT40 0xc5 35 35
>> 70 VHT40 0xc6 33 33
>> 71 VHT40 0xc7 31 31
>> 72 VHT40 0xc8 30 30
>> 73 VHT40 0xc9 29 29
>> 74 VHT40 0xd0 37 37
>> 75 VHT40 0xd1 37 37
>> 76 VHT40 0xd2 37 37
>> 77 VHT40 0xd3 37 37
>> 78 VHT40 0xd4 37 37
>> 79 VHT40 0xd5 35 35
>> 80 VHT40 0xd6 33 33
>> 81 VHT40 0xd7 31 31
>> 82 VHT40 0xd8 30 30
>> 83 VHT40 0xd9 29 29
>> 84 VHT80 0xc0 36 36
>> 85 VHT80 0xc1 36 36
>> 86 VHT80 0xc2 36 36
>> 87 VHT80 0xc3 36 36
>> 88 VHT80 0xc4 36 36
>> 89 VHT80 0xc5 34 34
>> 90 VHT80 0xc6 32 32
>> 91 VHT80 0xc7 30 30
>> 92 VHT80 0xc8 29 29
>> 93 VHT80 0xc9 28 28
>> 94 VHT80 0xd0 36 36
>> 95 VHT80 0xd1 36 36
>> 96 VHT80 0xd2 36 36
>> 97 VHT80 0xd3 36 36
>> 98 VHT80 0xd4 36 36
>> 99 VHT80 0xd5 34 34
>> 100 VHT80 0xd6 32 32
>> 101 VHT80 0xd7 30 30
>> 102 VHT80 0xd8 29 29
>> 103 VHT80 0xd9 28 28
>> 104 HTCUP 0x40 36 36
>> 105 HTCUP 0x 0 36 36
>> 106 HTCUP 0x40 36 36
>> 107 HTCUP 0x 0 36 36
>> 108 HTCUP 0x 0 36 36
>> 109 HTCUP 0x7a 34 34
>> 110 HTCUP 0x8a 32 32
>> 111 HTCUP 0x a 30 30
>> 112 HTCUP 0xee 27 27
>> 113 HTCUP 0xa6 26 26
>> 114 HTCUP 0x90 36 36
>> 115 HTCUP 0x1d 36 36
>> 116 HTCUP 0x80 36 36
>> 117 HTCUP 0x41 36 36
>> 118 HTCUP 0xd9 36 36
>> 119 HTCUP 0x64 34 34
>> 120 HTCUP 0xf9 32 32
>> 121 HTCUP 0x 0 30 30
>> 122 HTCUP 0x 0 27 27
>> 123 HTCUP 0x 0 26 26
>> 124 HTCUP 0x64 0 0
>> 125 HTCUP 0x 0 37 37
>> 126 HTCUP 0x31 0 0
>> 127 HTCUP 0x 4 37 37
>> 128 HTCUP 0x 0 38 38
>> ***********************************
>> TXBF not supported
>> ***************************
>> root@OpenWrt:/sys#
>>

>> Thanks

>>> Probably it is a board-file and/or calibration data issue then.
>>>
>>> The debugfs 'ath10k/tpc_stats' file may show very low values?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Ben

>>> --
>>> Ben Greear <[email protected]>
>>> Candela Technologies Inc http://www.candelatech.com

--
Ben Greear <[email protected]>

by Sam Samy

>I think you should write to the openwrt mailing list and/or its bug tracker

Ok. Thanks Ben. will do. Just curious. I am not able to get the reg.
domain codes in TPC by googling. Do you know where I can get those?
What is the reg. domains 0x20 and 0x58 value points to?

Thanks

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 11:17 AM Ben Greear <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]
> >> 56 VHT20 0xd2 38 38
> >> 57 VHT20 0xd3 38 38
> >> 58 VHT20 0xd4 38 38
> >> 59 VHT20 0xd5 36 36
> >> 60 VHT20 0xd6 34 34
> >> 61 VHT20 0xd7 32 32
> >> 62 VHT20 0xd8 31 31
> >> 63 VHT20 0xd9 30 30
> >> 64 VHT40 0xc0 37 34
> >> 65 VHT40 0xc1 37 34
> >> 66 VHT40 0xc2 37 34
> >> 67 VHT40 0xc3 37 34
> >> 68 VHT40 0xc4 37 34
> >> 69 VHT40 0xc5 35 34
> >> 70 VHT40 0xc6 33 33
> >> 71 VHT40 0xc7 31 31
> >> 72 VHT40 0xc8 30 30
> >> 73 VHT40 0xc9 29 29
> >> 74 VHT40 0xd0 37 37
> >> 75 VHT40 0xd1 37 37
> >> 76 VHT40 0xd2 37 37
> >> 77 VHT40 0xd3 37 37
> >> 78 VHT40 0xd4 37 37
> >> 79 VHT40 0xd5 35 35
> >> 80 VHT40 0xd6 33 33
> >> 81 VHT40 0xd7 31 31
> >> 82 VHT40 0xd8 30 30
> >> 83 VHT40 0xd9 29 29
> >> 84 VHT80 0xc0 36 34
> >> 85 VHT80 0xc1 36 34
> >> 86 VHT80 0xc2 36 34
> >> 87 VHT80 0xc3 36 34
> >> 88 VHT80 0xc4 36 34
> >> 89 VHT80 0xc5 34 34
> >> 90 VHT80 0xc6 32 32
> >> 91 VHT80 0xc7 30 30
> >> 92 VHT80 0xc8 29 29
> >> 93 VHT80 0xc9 28 28
> >> 94 VHT80 0xd0 36 36
> >> 95 VHT80 0xd1 36 36
> >> 96 VHT80 0xd2 36 36
> >> 97 VHT80 0xd3 36 36
> >> 98 VHT80 0xd4 36 36
> >> 99 VHT80 0xd5 34 34
> >> 100 VHT80 0xd6 32 32
> >> 101 VHT80 0xd7 30 30
> >> 102 VHT80 0xd8 29 29
> >> 103 VHT80 0xd9 28 28
> >> 104 HTCUP 0x40 36 36
> >> 105 HTCUP 0x 0 36 34
> >> 106 HTCUP 0x40 36 36
> >> 107 HTCUP 0x 0 36 34
> >> 108 HTCUP 0x 0 36 34
> >> 109 HTCUP 0x7a 34 34
> >> 110 HTCUP 0x8a 32 32
> >> 111 HTCUP 0x a 30 30
> >> 112 HTCUP 0xee 27 27
> >> 113 HTCUP 0xa6 26 26
> >> 114 HTCUP 0x90 36 36
> >> 115 HTCUP 0x1d 36 36
> >> 116 HTCUP 0x80 36 34
> >> 117 HTCUP 0x41 36 36
> >> 118 HTCUP 0xd9 36 36
> >> 119 HTCUP 0x64 34 34
> >> 120 HTCUP 0xf9 32 32
> >> 121 HTCUP 0x 0 30 30
> >> 122 HTCUP 0x 0 27 27
> >> 123 HTCUP 0x 0 26 26
> >> 124 HTCUP 0x64 0 0
> >> 125 HTCUP 0x 0 37 34
> >> 126 HTCUP 0x31 0 0
> >> 127 HTCUP 0x 4 37 34
> >> 128 HTCUP 0x 0 38 34
> >> ***********************************
> >> ********************************
> >> ******************* STBC POWER TABLE ****************
> >> ********************************
> >> No. Preamble Rate_code tpc_value0 tpc_value1 tpc_value2 tpc_value3

2019-05-14 07:55:09

by Sam Samy

hi Ben:

Looks like ./sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy2/ath10k/cal_data is junk
for both the 5Ghz radios even though the
pre-cal-pci-0000:01:00.0.bin/pre-cal-ahb-a800000.wifi.bin is correct.

The 2Ghz cal_data seem to be correct and match the pre-cal-ahb-a000000.wifi.bin.

Openwrt seem to do the right thing in setting the countrycode.

I am clueless. Any pointers would help.

Thanks