2022-09-19 00:52:31

by bommy985

Subject: wifi

over the last while, i have been using your rtw8852be linux driver
which started working again...
following an update to your driver on github, your driver started
acting wonky again
by that i mean it did the same as it did before your revert in the
makefile, require a virtual connection/hotspot(kde) to be made in
order to show networks, let along connect
previously this also made it extremely inconsistent, but now it just
seems to work fine, i just have to make the virtual connection thing
happen.
i am using endeavors on arch 5.19.9 and did a git pull following the
update, and also have a backup of the previous perfectly functioning
version, if this is important

not exactly a problem, but it is evident that the weird virtualization
wifi connection thing has returned after your recent update, and i
just thought id email you on it

oh also
my email that i previously sent to you was publicized and showed up in
google results a while back, not sure if that was just internal error
on your server, assuming it was(i cant find that anymore), but it
yeah it was public for a time, if its not anymore.

2022-09-19 14:13:43

by bommy985

Subject: Re: wifi

decided to recompile my backup of the previous working driver to test
it as the driver seemed to be a little spotty for me turning off at
times, could be explained by the fact i was connecting to a network
that required login but still it was being inconsistent for a bit

it works fine after recompiling and rebooting after a sudo make
install, didn't even need to modprobe

This is still on the 5.19.9-arch1-1 kernel, i would've tried ignoring
the version magic thing if it failed, but as far as I can see, it
didn't

i dont know whats being changed or if they are suppose to be
meaningful, but in my use case, your current updated version of the
driver, as well as 2 versions prior, seem to have this spotty problem
with the "create virtual connection" condition to even get it
workingthe first one was more noticeable and evident, whereas this
time it seemed to only do it after a while, or maybe my internet at a
university building requireing a login page is just being stupid, but
at the very least, it allowed me to send this very email i am sending,
so i guess it works, right?

Thanks for the driver, and thanks for the help in a previous email
bommy