2020-02-26 10:31:41

by Cedric VONCKEN

Subject: wds link and Radius authentication issue

Dear mailing list,

I'm facing an issue when my equipement are configured with WDS and radius authentication.

My both product (the AP and the sta) are using the same hostapd/wpa_supplicant and wifi driver version.
The wifi driver version is openwrt backport-5.4-rc8-1 package.

My AP is configured to accept the WDS sta. In the AP side the ifname wlan0.sta1 are created and added in the bridge.
My sta is configured to use the WDS addresses.

If the security policy is configured to WPA-PSK and in the client side the client if is added to the bridge, the communication work (I can ping my AP from my sta).
If the security policy is configured to WPA-EAP (I tested PEAP-MSCHAPV2 and EAP-TLS) and the client if is in a bridge, the communication doesn't work.

I did a Wireshark capture on other WIFI interface, the packet seem sent by the AP and by the sta (I can see a broadcast frame sent, and the packet type is data. I think it is the arp request). But these frames are not received (I make a wireshar capture on the sta and AP if, no arp frame are received).

I don't know where I need to search to fix this issue. Could you give me some pointer/help to fix it.

Thanks for your help.