2009-05-20 09:55:52

by ffileppo

Subject: mac80211: TDMA approach feasible?

Hi all,

I was wondering if with mac80211 is now possible (and what effort is needed) to implement a TDMA approach. In particular I would like to: override 802.11 MPDU frame format, eliminate RTS/CTS exchange, eliminate automatic ACK and retransmission, eliminate virtual carrier sense (NAV), control PHY clear channel assessment and control transmission backoff.

I've read that mac80211 allows arbitrary packets to be injected down any Monitor Mode interface from userland but it is still not clear to me if it is possible to override some of the 802.11 MAC features.

Thank you,

Francesco

2009-05-22 05:10:12

by Kalle Valo

Subject: Re: mac80211: TDMA approach feasible?

"ffileppo" <[email protected]> writes:

> Hi all,

Hello,

> I was wondering if with mac80211 is now possible (and what effort is
> needed) to implement a TDMA approach. In particular I would like to:
> override 802.11 MPDU frame format, eliminate RTS/CTS exchange,
> eliminate automatic ACK and retransmission, eliminate virtual carrier
> sense (NAV), control PHY clear channel assessment and control
> transmission backoff.

Most of this is usually implemented in firmware, so you need access to
firmware sources.

--
Kalle Valo