2023-05-03 19:35:34

by Seth Forshee

Subject: Stepping down as wireless-regdb maintainer

I started maintaining wireless-regdb over 8 years ago at a time when my
job responsibilities included investigating and working to fix reports
of wireless bugs in Linux. Not long after that my responsibilities
started shifting away from wireless work, and for the past several years
I've had no involvement in anything related to wireless beyond fairly
passive maintenance of wireless-regdb. Even in that role it's recently
been difficult to find time to validate proposed changes against the
source documents, which has frequently lead to slow response times.

As a result, I've decided that it is time for me to move on from
maintaining wireless-regdb. I won't step away immediately, but I plan to
stop applying patches and doing new releases around Sep 1 of this year.

If anyone is interested in taking over maintenance of this project,
please reach out and I'll be happy to discuss.

Thanks,
Seth