2012-07-13 11:26:39

by Georgiewskiy Yuriy

Subject: ath: phy0: Failed to stop TX DMA, queues=0x001!

Hi all again, seems i hit another bug, my test setup is a three mesh nodes,
all in one room, two is alix pc engines with EMP9605H (ar9220) with antennas
like on soho routers and one is my laptop with dbii f52n-pro ar9220 based too.
Use compat-wireless-3.5-rc5-1-snpc on all nodes.

All three nodes work fine, but then i remove antenas from one of the node (it
contiue work only with pigtails) signal levels with this node is low but enough
to work, it continue to work but i have errors in dmesg on all three nodes:

ath: phy0: Failed to stop TX DMA, queues=0x001!

Links is become unstable, packet loss regardless to which node taffic is goes,
to node without antennas or betwen nodes with antennas.

I tryin change wireless cards with no results, but all what i try is ar9220 based,
just different manufactures. Also i try add ubiquiti nanostation M2 with openwrt
on it in this setup, and get same results on it too - dma erros and unstable links
with packetloss.

Then i connect antennas back, all strat working fine again withous erorors.
I think it seems low signal and/or low quality links is triggering with bug.

I also trying use stock kernel 3.2.x and 3.4.x, compat-wireless bleeding edge, but
no luck - same results.

Please give any suggestions how i can help find a root case of this bug to resolve
it?

C ????????? With Best Regards
???????????? ????. Georgiewskiy Yuriy
+7 4872 711666 +7 4872 711666
???? +7 4872 711143 fax +7 4872 711143
???????? ??? "?? ?? ??????" IT Service Ltd
http://nkoort.ru http://nkoort.ru
JID: [email protected] JID: [email protected]
YG129-RIPE YG129-RIPE

2012-07-13 12:13:42

by Georgiewskiy Yuriy

Subject: Re: ath: phy0: Failed to stop TX DMA, queues=0x001!

also update - i also try to test it with AP<->client mode, just start hostapd
on one node, remove antennas nad start iperf, in this case there is no errors
and link seems very more stable then i use mesh nodes, may be this is also
802.11s related too.