2008-08-04 19:11:07

by Robert P. J. Day

Subject: one remaining unused CONFIG variable under net/

this is the single remaining CONFIG variable under the net/
directory that is currently unreferenced.

===== MAC80211_VERBOSE_SPECT_MGMT_DEBUG
net/mac80211/Kconfig:206:config MAC80211_VERBOSE_SPECT_MGMT_DEBUG

rday

Robert P. J. Day
Have classroom, will lecture.

http://crashcourse.ca Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

by Johannes Berg

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 15:09 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> this is the single remaining CONFIG variable under the net/
> directory that is currently unreferenced.
>
> ===== MAC80211_VERBOSE_SPECT_MGMT_DEBUG
> net/mac80211/Kconfig:206:config MAC80211_VERBOSE_SPECT_MGMT_DEBUG

Yeah, it'll be used though; it was added in an early patch of the
spectrum management code, then that got delayed by some confusion over a
requisite patch and now Tomas wants to redraw that one too... Don't
worry about it, I'll be keeping an eye on it.

johannes

Attachments:
signature.asc (836.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part

2008-08-05 15:41:23

by Tomas Winkler

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 10:16 PM, Johannes Berg
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 15:09 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>> this is the single remaining CONFIG variable under the net/
>> directory that is currently unreferenced.
>>
>> ===== MAC80211_VERBOSE_SPECT_MGMT_DEBUG
>> net/mac80211/Kconfig:206:config MAC80211_VERBOSE_SPECT_MGMT_DEBUG
>
> Yeah, it'll be used though; it was added in an early patch of the
> spectrum management code, then that got delayed by some confusion over a
> requisite patch and now Tomas wants to redraw that one too... Don't
> worry about it, I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Since this won't be included in 2.6.27 we can leave it only wireless-testing.

Tomas

2008-08-04 19:47:04

by Robert P. J. Day

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008, Johannes Berg wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 15:09 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > this is the single remaining CONFIG variable under the net/
> > directory that is currently unreferenced.
> >
> > ===== MAC80211_VERBOSE_SPECT_MGMT_DEBUG
> > net/mac80211/Kconfig:206:config MAC80211_VERBOSE_SPECT_MGMT_DEBUG
>
> Yeah, it'll be used though; it was added in an early patch of the
> spectrum management code, then that got delayed by some confusion
> over a requisite patch and now Tomas wants to redraw that one too...
> Don't worry about it, I'll be keeping an eye on it.

i suspected as much, but i thought i'd mention it anyway.