2008-02-26 11:39:58

by Elyahou ITTAH

Subject: Compiler error when compile iwlwifi

Hi,

When i try to compile the iwlwifi driver I have got this error:
http://rafb.net/p/UdH56R87.html

I have a 2.6.24-r2 gentoo kernel,with the iwlwifi included...

2008-02-27 06:23:46

by Reinette Chatre

Subject: RE: Compiler error when compile iwlwifi

On , Elyahou ITTAH wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When i try to compile the iwlwifi driver I have got this error:
> http://rafb.net/p/UdH56R87.html
>
> I have a 2.6.24-r2 gentoo kernel,with the iwlwifi included... -
> linux-wireless" in the body of a message to [email protected]

The iwlwifi driver development is now focused on upstream so backporting
of the intellinuxwireless.org drivers are only done for kernels
2.6.18-2.6.23. The easiest way to use the latest driver with your kernel
will be to use the compat-wireless project
(http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download).

Reinette

2008-02-26 13:29:15

by Tomas Winkler

First remedy would be to remove the B43 legacy from compilation
make menuconfig etc
Tomas

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 1:39 PM, Elyahou ITTAH <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When i try to compile the iwlwifi driver I have got this error:
> http://rafb.net/p/UdH56R87.html
>
> I have a 2.6.24-r2 gentoo kernel,with the iwlwifi included...
> -

by Elyahou ITTAH

2008/2/27, Chatre, Reinette <[email protected]>:
> On Wednesday, February 27, 2008 1:46 AM, Elyahou ITTAH wrote:

> >> [email protected] > More majordomo info at
> >> http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
> >>

> >> The iwlwifi driver development is now focused on upstream so
> >> backporting of the intellinuxwireless.org drivers are only done for
> >> kernels
> >> 2.6.18-2.6.23. The easiest way to use the latest driver with your
> >> kernel will be to use the compat-wireless project
> >> (http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Download).
> >>

> >> Reinette
> >>

> > Apologize
> > I misunderstood the last answer...
> >
> > So I have to wait know the support for the new kernel... :)
> >
> > I don't wan't to downgrade it..
>

> No need to downgrade your kernel or the driver. You can use the latest
> iwlwifi driver available with your current (2.6.24-rc2 gentoo) kernel
> when you make use of the compat-wireless project.
>

> Reinette

Thx,

But i tried few days ago with the compat tool and i receive en error...

Here's my previous message:

I have modified my config file : http://rafb.net/p/SfeJHk39.html

I have now compiled the driver, and reboot my PC ( I can't make unload
because unloading my iwl3945 module causes a kernel panic -that is why
I upgrade the driver)

After the reboot the module can't be loaded... : http://rafb.net/p/FLQeJV50.html

Thx

2008-02-29 05:53:19

by Reinette Chatre

On Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:38 AM, Elyahou ITTAH wrote:

> But i tried few days ago with the compat tool and i receive en
> error...

What was the error?

> Here's my previous message:
>
> I have modified my config file : http://rafb.net/p/SfeJHk39.html
>
> I have now compiled the driver, and reboot my PC ( I can't make unload
> because unloading my iwl3945 module causes a kernel panic -that is
> why I upgrade the driver)
>
> After the reboot the module can't be loaded... :
> http://rafb.net/p/FLQeJV50.html

These web pages are not accessible to me. Could you please include the
error in your email? You can also submit a bug report at bughost.org and
attach the logs there.

Reinette

2008-03-11 18:11:05

by Reinette Chatre

On Sunday, March 02, 2008 6:38 AM, Elyahou ITTAH wrote:

> 2008/2/29, Chatre, Reinette <[email protected]>:
>> On Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:38 AM, Elyahou ITTAH wrote:
>>

>> What was the error?
>>

>> These web pages are not accessible to me. Could you please include
>> the error in your email? You can also submit a bug report at
>> bughost.org and attach the logs there.
>>

>> Reinette
>
> I joined a file with the output of modprobe iwl3945 and dmesg... All
> after installing the driver with the compat tool.
> I also joined my compat config file...

The problem is that the mac80211 module cannot find a required symbol
when you try to load it ... the needed symbol can be found in module
cfg80211, which you already compile. Can you try to load cfg80211 before
mac80211?

modprobe should have helped here ... can you also check if your kernel
is built with KMOD (CONFIG_KMOD)?

Reinette

2008-03-02 14:38:09

by Elyahou ITTAH

2008/2/29, Chatre, Reinette <[email protected]>:
> On Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:38 AM, Elyahou ITTAH wrote:
>

> What was the error?
>

> These web pages are not accessible to me. Could you please include the
> error in your email? You can also submit a bug report at bughost.org and
> attach the logs there.
>

> Reinette

I joined a file with the output of modprobe iwl3945 and dmesg... All
after installing the driver with the compat tool.
I also joined my compat config file...

Attachments:
(No filename) (510.00 B)
iwl3945 (4.03 kB)