2009-04-02 10:44:47

by Mark Ryden

Subject: Read country code from EEPROM

Hello,
I want to know what country code is written in the EEPROM of an
Intel iwlwifi wireless card. (It is 5100AGN).

should I probe into the driver code and add some printk messages?
or is there some util for it?

Regards,
Mark

2009-04-02 16:29:30

by Reinette Chatre

Subject: Re: Read country code from EEPROM

Hi Mark,

On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 03:44 -0700, Mark Ryden wrote:
> Hello,
> I want to know what country code is written in the EEPROM of an
> Intel iwlwifi wireless card. (It is 5100AGN).
>
> should I probe into the driver code and add some printk messages?
> or is there some util for it?

Not a specific country code, but you can find out the regulatory support
read from EEPROM when you load the driver with "debug50=0x1". With this
you will see, per channel, what is supported on the channels. This is
assuming that your driver is compiled with debug support.

Reinette