2008-07-18 19:35:53

by drago01

Subject: Re: [ipw3945-devel] iwl3945 random firmware crashes

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 1:28 PM, drago01 <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 1:23 PM, drago01 <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 8:05 PM, Cahill, Ben M <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Try loading driver using module param:
>>>
>>> debug=0x43fff
>>>
>>> This will provide more information in the log, including an event log
>>> (where you see "Microcode SW Error detected" in your log, you would have
>>> captured Event Log if you had the debug=0x43fff setting).
>>
>> It happend again and this time I captured the log.
>> Debug output including event log is attached.
>>

> Resend with compressed attachment.

Happend again ... is there a tool that "decrypts" the event log to be readable?
The whole thing does not make any sense to me and the log does not
tell me what is really happening to debug it.

2008-07-24 13:58:58

by Cahill, Ben M

Oops, sorry about that, some of your emails slipped by me unnoticed!
:-(

Event and Error Logs need to be analyzed here ... It looks like an
internal error, timing out while waiting for something. I'll need to
check to see if any updates to Windows uCode have helped this situation.

-- Ben --

by drago01

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 3:56 PM, Cahill, Ben M <[email protected]> wrote:
> Oops, sorry about that, some of your emails slipped by me unnoticed!
> :-(

OK, np.

> Event and Error Logs need to be analyzed here ... It looks like an
> internal error, timing out while waiting for something. I'll need to
> check to see if any updates to Windows uCode have helped this situation.

OK, thanks if you need anything from me to help debugging this just ask.

2008-07-24 13:17:33

by drago01

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 9:35 PM, drago01 <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 1:28 PM, drago01 <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> It happend again and this time I captured the log.
>>> Debug output including event log is attached.
>>>

>> Resend with compressed attachment.
>>

> Happend again ... is there a tool that "decrypts" the event log to be readable?
> The whole thing does not make any sense to me and the log does not
> tell me what is really happening to debug it.

Happened more time ... Ben any idea whats going on?

2008-08-01 12:38:49

by drago01

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 3:56 PM, Cahill, Ben M <[email protected]> wrote:
> Oops, sorry about that, some of your emails slipped by me unnoticed!
> :-(
>
> Event and Error Logs need to be analyzed here ... It looks like an
> internal error, timing out while waiting for something. I'll need to
> check to see if any updates to Windows uCode have helped this situation.

any progress / news?