2007-10-12 13:36:04

by Marcus Better

Subject: Re: rt2500pci 2.0.9 not working

Marcus Better wrote:
> Kind-of works. I can connect but only at 1 Mb according to iwconfig.

Now I see that I got the same result even with driver version 2.0.7. I can
change it with iwconfig though. Is this normal?

Marcus

2007-10-12 14:50:48

by Larry Finger

Marcus Better wrote:
> Marcus Better wrote:
>> Kind-of works. I can connect but only at 1 Mb according to iwconfig.
>
> Now I see that I got the same result even with driver version 2.0.7. I can
> change it with iwconfig though. Is this normal?

In mac80211, the association and authentication steps are always done at 1 Mb to maximize the
likelihood of that step succeeding. Once communication is established, the rate-setting mechanism in
rc80211_simple will adjust the rate to what it considers the highest value that works. You always
have the option of forcing a higher value with iwconfig at the risk of increasing the error rate.

Larry