2007-11-12 16:02:30

by Markus Feldmann

Subject: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG mini-pci Card

Hi All,

I want to buy a Intel=AE PRO/Wireless 3945ABG mini-pci Card for my Lapt=
op.
I use Debian Etch as Operating System.

My Questions,
Is there a driver in the 2.6.23 Kernel for this Card?
Or will there be a Driver in the Future in the Kernel integrated?
Or do i have to download and install the Driver by Hand?
If there is still a Driver in the Kernel 2.6.23, then is this Driver
stable?

I didn't find this Driver with the menuconfig Tool.

2007-11-12 16:06:13

by maximilian attems

Subject: Re: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG mini-pci Card

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 05:01:13PM +0100, Markus Feldmann wrote:
> Hi All,
>=20
> I want to buy a Intel=AE PRO/Wireless 3945ABG mini-pci Card for my La=
ptop.
> I use Debian Etch as Operating System.
>=20
> My Questions,
> Is there a driver in the 2.6.23 Kernel for this Card?
> Or will there be a Driver in the Future in the Kernel integrated?
> Or do i have to download and install the Driver by Hand?
> If there is still a Driver in the Kernel 2.6.23, then is this Driver
> stable?

merged in latest linus,
we backported an earlier version in prebuild 2.6.23 snapshots see
trunk apt lines -> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernel
=20
--=20
maks

2007-11-12 16:24:29

by Luis R. Rodriguez

On Nov 12, 2007 11:05 AM, maximilian attems <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 05:01:13PM +0100, Markus Feldmann wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I want to buy a Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG mini-pci Card for my Laptop.
> > I use Debian Etch as Operating System.
> >
> > My Questions,
> > Is there a driver in the 2.6.23 Kernel for this Card?
> > Or will there be a Driver in the Future in the Kernel integrated?
> > Or do i have to download and install the Driver by Hand?
> > If there is still a Driver in the Kernel 2.6.23, then is this Driver
> > stable?
>
> merged in latest linus,
> we backported an earlier version in prebuild 2.6.23 snapshots see
> trunk apt lines -> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernel

Also if you want to try the latest with your current kernel by only
compiling the drivers (not the entire kernel):

http://linuxwireless.org/download/compat-wireless-2.6/compat-wireless-2.6.tar.bz2

I haven't tested this on 2.6.23 yet though, if you do, please let me
know how it goes.

Luis

2007-11-13 01:35:39

by Russell Senior

Markus> Hi All, I want to buy a Intel=AE PRO/Wireless 3945ABG mini-pci
Markus> Card for my Laptop. I use Debian Etch as Operating System.

Note that the 3945 is *not* a mini-PCI card, it is a PCI Express mini
card:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express_Mini_Card

Make sure you've got the right slot before you buy.

--=20
Russell Senior ``I have nine fingers; you have ten.''
[email protected]