2008-04-16 23:01:39

by Marcus Furlong

Subject: RE: iwl3945 problem with 2.6.25-rc9

On Wednesday 16 April 2008 22:22 in
<D936D925018D154694D8A362EEB0892004353826@orsmsx416.amr.corp.intel.com>,
Chatre, Reinette wrote:

> On Wednesday, April 16, 2008 1:05 PM, Dan Williams wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 20:48 +0100, Marcus Furlong wrote:
>>> On Wednesday 16 April 2008 20:01 in
>> <[email protected]>, Marcus

<[email protected]
> tel.com>,

>>> Here is the output from the module loading without wpa_supplicant,
>>> then me reloading it with debug flags, and running ifconfig wlan0
>>> and iwlist scanning. Still some Microcode SW and FW errors in there,
>>> but there's a lot less noise.
>>>

>> https://www.cs.tcd.ie/~furlongm/iwlwifi/iwl3945-output-no-wpasu
>> pplicant.bz2
>>
>> Interesting; can you run wpa_supplicant again but dump it's detailed
>> output using "-dddt" for us so we can see what it's doing and if it's
>> causing the restarts?
>
> The driver itself is responsible for many of the restarts because of the
> firmware errors. A wpa_supplicant log will still be useful.

Ok got one now:

https://www.cs.tcd.ie/~furlongm/iwlwifi/minicom-wpa_supplicant-output

Reloaded the module halfway through to see if that made any difference.
Sometimes it sees some of the access points after rmmod-ing and
modprobe-ing it (never sees as many as the ipw driver though), but this
time it didn't make any difference.

Marcus.