2008-08-02 18:50:36

by Tomasz Chmielewski

Subject: wireless USB adapters recommendations?

I'm looking for a USB wireless adapter which is well supported under Linux.

Requirements:

- WPA2
- should support ad-hoc and access point modes
- should work under mipsel (I had once a prism54 mini-PCI card which
didn't work under mipsel)

It would be also nice to to get the hardware from a producer which
cooperates with Linux community.

Do you guys have any recommendations?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org

2008-08-02 19:23:20

by Daniel Gimpelevich

Subject: Re: wireless USB adapters recommendations?

On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 21:17:33 +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:

> I wouldn't be too sure the FSF is a good source of information regarding
> wireless on Linux (or of anything about Linux for that matter). And the
> list is, indeed, rather incomplete and gives a very skewed picture.

I wasn't saying otherwise; I clearly qualified it as what *they* say.

> On the other hand, I don't think there are any USB devices that support
> AP mode.

With nl80211 they will, at least on rt73usb and rtl8187.