2009-12-15 02:15:07

by Ahmad Yasser

Subject: Does the RTL8187 mac80211 drivers support master/ap mode?

Hi,
I've been trying to use hostapd with my Wireless USB Dongle which has
an RTL8187L chipset, but it doesnt work at all, so I wanted to know, does
the RTL8187 drivers support master/ap mode or is it not yet implemented?
And if not yet, would they be implemented by 2.6.33?

Thanks.

2009-12-15 02:25:20

by Larry Finger

On 12/14/2009 08:10 PM, Ahmad Yasser wrote:
> Hi,
> I've been trying to use hostapd with my Wireless USB Dongle which has
> an RTL8187L chipset, but it doesnt work at all, so I wanted to know, does
> the RTL8187 drivers support master/ap mode or is it not yet implemented?
> And if not yet, would they be implemented by 2.6.33?

It does not work in master/ap mode. It is on my list, but it will
certainly not be in 2.6.33, which is feature frozen. It may not even
make it for 2.6.34.