2010-01-26 14:25:13

by Eric Volker

Subject: Re: b43 driver hang workaround

Giuseppe Fontana <gfontana13@...> writes:

> 2010/1/26 Eric Volker <evolker@...>:
> > Thought I'd post my workaround for the issue I've been experiencing. My
> > setup is as follows: Ubuntu 9.10 x86 and a BCM4318 in AP mode.
>
> Hi Eric. So, if I'm not wrong, you successfully connected to a wi-fi
> ad-hoc network with BCM4318 and Ubuntu 9.10. I tried with my Acer 5024
> with CM4318 without success (if you want you can take a look at my
> thread "Broadcom BCM4318 AirForceOne issue - Ubuntu 9.10 on Acer
> Aspire 5024wlmi"). Are you using a laptop too? What's your wifi
> adapter model?

Sorry, I think I may have replied to this off-list. I'm using a BCM4318 PCI
card as an access point. I've got it in mixed wpa/wpa2 mode and have had it up
for a couple of days so far. It's a Bufflo card, though I'm not sure of the
exact model. It is in a desktop, a Dell Dimension 4550. Thus far it has vastly
outperformed my old DLink DIR-655. I'm quite happy, though it took me about a
wink to iron out several kinks. I also had to use "eapol_version=1" in
hostapd.conf to get everything working properly. If you need any further
details, please let me know.

Eric