2010-10-08 18:20:33

by Ben Greear

Subject: Antenna diversity in ath5k.

I'd like to work on allowing users to configure antenna diversity,
starting with ath5k.

Before I start on this, I wanted to see if anyone else was
actively pursuing it.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <[email protected]>

by Bruno Randolf

Subject: Re: Antenna diversity in ath5k.

On Sat October 9 2010 03:20:32 Ben Greear wrote:
> this, I wanted to see if anyone else was
> actively pursuing it.

someone pointed you to my patches. i have been using them since month locally
and i think the are fine as a general API, but there has been some reluctance
to get them merged. i still don't really get why. i will fix the one remaining
issue i know of (don't allow antenna setting when if up) rebase them and
bother luis again, soon... :) if you have any feedback or ideas for
improvement, please let me know.

bruno

2010-10-08 22:03:32

by Joerg

Ben Greear <greearb@...> writes:

> I'd like to work on allowing users to configure antenna diversity,
> starting with ath5k.
>
> Before I start on this, I wanted to see if anyone else was
> actively pursuing it.
>
> Thanks,
> Ben

Bruno Randolf was/is working on this:
http://marc.info/?t=128037600400004&r=1&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=linux-wireless&m=127589393911645&w=2

Regards
Joerg

2010-10-12 02:02:54

by Ben Greear

On 10/11/2010 06:51 PM, Bruno Randolf wrote:
> On Sat October 9 2010 03:20:32 Ben Greear wrote:
>> this, I wanted to see if anyone else was
>> actively pursuing it.
>
> someone pointed you to my patches. i have been using them since month locally
> and i think the are fine as a general API, but there has been some reluctance
> to get them merged. i still don't really get why. i will fix the one remaining
> issue i know of (don't allow antenna setting when if up) rebase them and
> bother luis again, soon... :) if you have any feedback or ideas for
> improvement, please let me know.

I'm afraid I took the easy way and just used debugfs to read/set the values.

We haven't done any actual testing of this feature with traffic, but setting/reading
the values seems to work fine.

Thanks,
Ben

--