2011-03-03 08:14:24

by Joerg

Subject: Re: Regulatory database improvements

Luis R. Rodriguez <mcgrof@...> writes:

> If anyone has any input on this definition or would like some please
> start thinking about it and we can start talking about it. For details
> as to *why* we are doing this you can lok at the wiki page above or
> also the thread:

Luis,
we have an amplifier attached to one card and not on the other in our system.
The amplified card requires different regulatory constraints from the "normal"
one. So, what I'd like to see are per wiphy regulatory settings, not global ones.

Regards
Joerg

2011-03-03 08:21:20

by Luis R. Rodriguez

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 12:14 AM, jpo234 <[email protected]> wrote:
> Luis R. Rodriguez <mcgrof@...> writes:
>
>> If anyone has any input on this definition or would like some please
>> start thinking about it and we can start talking about it. For details
>> as to *why* we are doing this you can lok at the wiki page above or
>> also the thread:
>
> Luis,
> we have an amplifier attached to one card and not on the other in our system.
> The amplified card requires different regulatory constraints from the "normal"
> one. So, what I'd like to see are per wiphy regulatory settings, not global ones.

How does an amplifier change regulatory rules? The rules are static,
likely what you want is not per wiphy rules but per wiphy
modifications to help you comply by the additions you are making. No?

Luis