2014-11-10 10:20:49

by Rostislav Lisovy

Subject: Re: [ath5k-devel] Rookie needs helps with ath5k basics

Rostislav Lisovy <lisovy@...> writes:

> The questions that are still unanswered (and will definitely require
> more effort to answer) are the 802.11p standard interpretation
> regarding the OCB mode / 5.9GHz usage limitation. More specific --
> Is the 5.9GHz limited for ITS (Intelligent transportation system)
> usage only. Or for any usage as long as it uses the OCB mode? If one
> of this limitation is valid, who does actually define the restriction -

I don't know why but the message got truncated. The last paragraph
should be:

The questions that are still unanswered (and will definitely require
more effort to answer) are the 802.11p standard interpretation
regarding the OCB mode / 5.9GHz usage limitation. More specific --
Is the 5.9GHz limited for ITS (Intelligent transportation system) usage
only. Or for any usage as long as it uses the OCB mode? If one of this
limitation is valid, who does actually define the restriction --
regulatory rules of particular countries?
Another question is if the OCB mode may be used outside the 5.9GHz
range? Do we need to define the OCB_ONLY flag for 5.9GHz channels in
CRDA/wireless-regdb?

Best regards;
Rostislav