2008-02-05 21:07:15

by Russell Senior

Subject: Re: Linux 2.6.24-rc7

Linus> Is it even physically *possible* to use that Intel wireless
Linus> chipset with anything but x86 CPU's (not just that, but
Linus> actually _Intel_ x86 CPU's)? And would it make any sense
Linus> what-so-ever even if it was?

Dan> Yeah, 3945 and 4965 cards are mini PCI-E these days. And there
Dan> are ipw2100, ipw2200, and ipw2915 mini PCI cards that you could
Dan> stick in embedded systems and such. Though of course everyone
Dan> doing embedded stuff uses either Atheros or PrismII still,
Dan> certainly not ipw/iwl.

Fwiw, I would if I could. I've got a couple mini-PCI Intel radios
sitting here that I would like to be able to use in various single
board computers (e.g. soekris and netgear wgt634u). Right now, I am
mostly constrained to using Atheros radios, which is a situation I'd
rather not be in and have been looking forward to growing out of.

--
Russell Senior ``I have nine fingers; you have ten.''
[email protected]