2009-07-17 09:57:16

by Jon Fairbairn

Subject: Re: PCI express card that does AP mode? (abit wlp-01?)

"Luis R. Rodriguez" <[email protected]>
writes:

> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Jouni Malinen<[email protected]> wrote:
>> I don't know how the product list ended up being split that way, but the
>> "laptops" page does actually include number of D-Link adapters,
>> including a PCIe desktop adapter (D-Link DWA-556) that seems to match
>> the request. I saw it at Fry's last week and it does indeed look like a
>> PCIe card.
>
> Sorry that was my doing, I forgot there were a few external cards
> available, I've updated the wiki to reflect this and added a new
> external cards page:
>
> http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/ath9k/products/external

Thanks for that it's much clearer. I've gone through the manufacturers
websites and added what detail I could find about card types. I didn't
use the codes on the page as I couldn't be certain of the details...
maybe should be table format, and probably should either add the codes
or remove the code key.

Since the DWA-556 is about four times the price of the Abit Airpace, it
looks like I'll have to go with the bleeding edge version of ath5k
rather than ath9k.

--
Jón Fairbairn [email protected]