2001-02-07 02:56:33

by jeff covey

Subject: freshmeat editorial on journaling filesystems

We'd like to run an editorial this coming Saturday about the
journaling filesystems available for Linux. We'd like an author who
isn't a developer on any of them so he/she can give an object analysis
of the pros and cons of each and share thoughts on his/her opinions
about which should be eventually be supported by the kernel.

If you would like to do this or have a recommendation of someone who
would be good for it, please let me know privately.

Thanks,
Jeff

Attachments:
(No filename) (466.00 B)
(No filename) (232.00 B)

by Ray Strode

>We'd like to run an editorial this coming Saturday about the
>journaling filesystems available for Linux. We'd like an author who
>isn't a developer on any of them so he/she can give an object analysis
>of the pros and cons of each and share thoughts on his/her opinions
>about which should be eventually be supported by the kernel.
I disagree. I think you should ask someone who works on more than
one of the filesystems. That person will know the pros and cons of all
of them, and surely will be objective.

--Ray Strode

2001-02-07 13:18:36

by James A Sutherland

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Ray Strode wrote:

> >We'd like to run an editorial this coming Saturday about the
> >journaling filesystems available for Linux. We'd like an author who
> >isn't a developer on any of them so he/she can give an object analysis
> >of the pros and cons of each and share thoughts on his/her opinions
> >about which should be eventually be supported by the kernel.
> I disagree. I think you should ask someone who works on more than
> one of the filesystems. That person will know the pros and cons of all
> of them, and surely will be objective.

Either that, or have a developer from each talking about their own FS, and
how they think it compares to others. Then an impartial summary of what
each has said.

James.