2018-10-15 09:37:51

by Zengtao (B)

Subject: Can we just remove the sw_lpm_support from current xhci driver?

Hi:

I am recently reading the LPM related code in xhci driver, and I find
that the xhci->sw_lpm_support is not really used, but I am not sure
whether we should remove it or not?

Any ideas, Thanks.

Regards
Zengtao

2018-10-15 12:08:42

by Mathias Nyman

On 15.10.2018 12:35, Zengtao (B) wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I am recently reading the LPM related code in xhci driver, and I find
> that the xhci->sw_lpm_support is not really used, but I am not sure
> whether we should remove it or not?
>
> Any ideas, Thanks.

I think it was used to prevent LPM in pre-0.96 xHC controllers.
Now driver only supports HW LPM for 1.0 and later controllers, so xhci->sw_lpm_support
doesn't really do anything.

You can send a patch removing it

Thanks
-Mathias

2018-10-16 03:23:59

by Zengtao (B)

>> I am recently reading the LPM related code in xhci driver, and I find
>> that the xhci->sw_lpm_support is not really used, but I am not sure
>> whether we should remove it or not?
>>
>> Any ideas, Thanks.
>
>I think it was used to prevent LPM in pre-0.96 xHC controllers.
>Now driver only supports HW LPM for 1.0 and later controllers, so
>xhci->sw_lpm_support doesn't really do anything.
>
>You can send a patch removing it

Ok, I will send a patch to do it, thanks.