2001-04-20 17:36:23

by Carlos Parada (EST)

Subject: IPv6 routing

Hi,

I'm trying to set up an IPv6 network in Linux kernel 2.4.0-test10. In this
network I'm using just 3 boxs and I would use static routes.
_____ _____ _____
| A |____| B | ____| C |
|_____| |_____| |_____|

The problem is that I cannot access from A to C machines and vice-versa. But
the routing problem is a bit strange because, A can access to the two
interfaces of B, even to B interface in the same network as C. Also C can
access to both B interfaces and cannot access to machine A.
i.e. the machines seems that can access to other networks (the routing
mechanisms seems work fine), but B cannot be able to forward the packet. Is
this correct ?

Anybody know if I have a missconfiguration or I'm doing somethings wrong ?

Regards.

**********
Carlos da Fonseca Parada
PT Inova??o, S.A.
Multim?dia e Servi?os IP

* R. Eng? Jos? Ferreira Pinto Basto - 3810 Aveiro - Portugal
* Ext: 1317, 1318

2001-04-20 17:44:05

by Gregory Maxwell

Subject: Re: IPv6 routing

On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 06:37:05PM +0100, Carlos Parada (EST) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up an IPv6 network in Linux kernel 2.4.0-test10. In this
> network I'm using just 3 boxs and I would use static routes.
>
> The problem is that I cannot access from A to C machines and vice-versa. But
> the routing problem is a bit strange because, A can access to the two
> interfaces of B, even to B interface in the same network as C. Also C can

echo -n 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/forwarding