2002-09-13 16:50:17

by Marc Giger

Subject: ACPI Status

Hi!

What is the current status of acpi in 2.4 / 2.5 kernels???

The most things on http://acpi.sourceforge.net/ are outdated:-((
To acpi developers: Is it possible to make a Changelog like Linus, Alan and Marcello and Co does??
And it would be nice, if there were a document which describes the current development status..(what is already implemented and what not)

My vaio (GR-114EK) has a lot of problems without acpi...

What i would know is:

standby supported?
acpi irq routing / sharing supported?
and other cool things that we can do with acpi supported?

Thanks

greets

marc

2002-09-13 17:17:45

by Andrew Grover

Subject: RE: ACPI Status

> From: Marc Giger [mailto:[email protected]]
> What is the current status of acpi in 2.4 / 2.5 kernels???
>
> The most things on http://acpi.sourceforge.net/ are outdated:-((
> To acpi developers: Is it possible to make a Changelog like
> Linus, Alan and Marcello and Co does??
> And it would be nice, if there were a document which
> describes the current development status..(what is already
> implemented and what not)

Oops, web content a little stale...

Try checking out the sf.net acpi project page - sf.net/projects/acpi. You
can d/l releases there and each release has a changelog.

As to development status:

Everything is code complete (more or less) EXCEPT:

- S3/S4 support
- userspace library
- using ACPI for device PnP and resource determination

If you're interested with following ACPI progress, I'd recommend subscribing
to the acpi-devel mailing list.

Regards -- Andy

2002-09-13 21:03:36

by Matthew Wilcox

Subject: Re: [ACPI] RE: ACPI Status

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 10:22:21AM -0700, Grover, Andrew wrote:
> Oops, web content a little stale...

hehe. and, more importantly, there's no link from
http://acpi.sourceforge.net/devel/ to sf.net/projects/acpi.

> As to development status:
>
> Everything is code complete (more or less) EXCEPT:

One thing I'm not clear about is status of support for ACPI 2.0.
The FAQ on intel's website claims support for ACPI 1.0b only with 2.0
"in development", but it seems rather out of date.