2005-02-26 21:50:40

by Andries E. Brouwer

Subject: cyrix_arr_init and centaur_mcr_init unused?

arch/i386/kernel/cpu/mtrr/cyrix.c has a routine cyrix_arr_init(), and
arch/i386/kernel/cpu/mtrr/centaur.c has a routine centaur_mcr_init().
At first sight it looks like these are unused.
Do I overlook something?

(They occur as the .init fields of some struct, and I did not find any
calls of ->init().)

If there are no calls and the code is needed, then some systems
may be broken today. If the code is not needed, maybe it should
be removed.

Andries

2005-03-01 23:31:30

by Alan

Subject: Re: cyrix_arr_init and centaur_mcr_init unused?

On Sad, 2005-02-26 at 21:50, [email protected] wrote:
> arch/i386/kernel/cpu/mtrr/cyrix.c has a routine cyrix_arr_init(), and
> arch/i386/kernel/cpu/mtrr/centaur.c has a routine centaur_mcr_init().
> At first sight it looks like these are unused.
> Do I overlook something?
>
> (They occur as the .init fields of some struct, and I did not find any
> calls of ->init().)

Does look like a bug to me - and the centaur code definitely wants the
mcr init function to be called.