2006-12-20 18:32:21

by Yakov Lerner

Subject: two architectures,same source tree

Is it easily possible to build two architectures in
the same source tree (so that intermediate fles
and resut files do not interfere ) ?

Thanks
Yakov

2006-12-20 19:06:32

by Jörn Engel

Subject: Re: two architectures,same source tree

On Wed, 20 December 2006 20:32:20 +0200, Yakov Lerner wrote:

> Is it easily possible to build two architectures in
> the same source tree (so that intermediate fles
> and resut files do not interfere ) ?

I'd try something like this:
make O=../foo ARCH=foo
make O=../bar ARCH=bar

But as I'm lazy I'll leave the debugging to you. :)

Jörn

--
Linux [...] existed just for discussion between people who wanted
to show off how geeky they were.

2006-12-20 19:18:46

by Jan-Benedict Glaw

On Wed, 2006-12-20 20:32:20 +0200, Yakov Lerner <[email protected]> wrote:
> Is it easily possible to build two architectures in
> the same source tree (so that intermediate fles
> and resut files do not interfere ) ?

Sure. Use a common source tree and two separate output directories.
You can set these with O=/path/to/output, but you need to do that
during *any* make calls, eg. already for make oldconfig/menuconfig.

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw [email protected] +49-172-7608481
Signature of: Friends are relatives you make for yourself.

Attachments:
(No filename) (601.00 B)
signature.asc (189.00 B)
Digital signature

by Bodo Eggert

J?rn Engel <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Wed, 20 December 2006 20:32:20 +0200, Yakov Lerner wrote:

>> Is it easily possible to build two architectures in
>> the same source tree (so that intermediate fles
>> and resut files do not interfere ) ?
>
> I'd try something like this:
> make O=../foo ARCH=foo
> make O=../bar ARCH=bar
>
> But as I'm lazy I'll leave the debugging to you. :)

IIRC You'll have to specify ARCH= on each make call, but O= is saved in
../foo/Makefile.
--
Ich danke GMX daf?r, die Verwendung meiner Adressen mittels per SPF
verbreiteten L?gen zu sabotieren.

http://david.woodhou.se/why-not-spf.html

2006-12-22 20:59:59

by Randy Dunlap

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 21:45:26 +0100 Bodo Eggert wrote:

> J?rn Engel <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Wed, 20 December 2006 20:32:20 +0200, Yakov Lerner wrote:
>
> >> Is it easily possible to build two architectures in
> >> the same source tree (so that intermediate fles
> >> and resut files do not interfere ) ?
> >
> > I'd try something like this:
> > make O=../foo ARCH=foo
> > make O=../bar ARCH=bar
> >
> > But as I'm lazy I'll leave the debugging to you. :)
>
> IIRC You'll have to specify ARCH= on each make call, but O= is saved in
> ../foo/Makefile.

Hm, top-level README file says:

Please note: If the 'O=output/dir' option is used then it must be
used for all invocations of make.

---
~Randy

2006-12-26 15:17:37

by Geert Uytterhoeven

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 21:45:26 +0100 Bodo Eggert wrote:
> > J?rn Engel <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > I'd try something like this:
> > > make O=../foo ARCH=foo
> > > make O=../bar ARCH=bar
> > >
> > > But as I'm lazy I'll leave the debugging to you. :)
> >
> > IIRC You'll have to specify ARCH= on each make call, but O= is saved in
> > ../foo/Makefile.
>
> Hm, top-level README file says:
>
> Please note: If the 'O=output/dir' option is used then it must be
> used for all invocations of make.

That should be: `... for all invocations of make in the source tree directory'.
It's done automaticallt when invoking make in the build directory.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- [email protected]

-- Linus Torvalds