2008-10-12 21:12:31

by Krzysztof Halasa

Subject: Please pull - generic HDLC

David,

The following changes since commit
f3073ac76755abd63b1d4c3d145f4c15b65b5355 (i.e., your netdev-2.6):
Guennadi Liakhovetski (1): smc911x: Fix external PHY detection

are available in the git repository at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/chris/linux-2.6.git for-david

drivers ported, syncppp can finally be removed
b) drivers for cards based on Hitachi/Renesas SCA and SCA-II chips are
split and reworked. Means nothing or almost nothing to SCA-based
cards (= ISA etc), and some updates including NAPI to PCI cards
based on SCA-II (their are low speed but NAPI saves them when the
card is being fed with a continuous stream of errors).
c) the relevant part of Wang Chen's dev->priv conversion batch

Posted on netdev, in "next" for months, all reported probles fixed.

Please pull, TIA.

Krzysztof Ha?asa (15):
WAN: split hd6457x.c into hd64570.c and hd64572.c
WAN: remove SCA II support from SCA drivers
WAN: remove SCA support from SCA-II drivers
WAN: convert HD64572-based drivers to NAPI.
WAN: TX-done handler now uses the ownership bit in HD64572 drivers.
WAN: HD64572 already handles TX underruns with DMAC.
WAN: rework HD64572 interrupts a bit.
WAN: Simplify HD64572 status handling.
WAN: don't print HD64572 driver versions anymore.
WAN: Simplify HD64572 drivers.
WAN: HD64572 drivers don't use next_desc() anymore.
WAN: Correct comments in hd6457[02].c
WAN: Simplify sca_init_port() in HD64572 driver.
WAN: new synchronous PPP implementation for generic HDLC.
WAN: syncppp.c is no longer used by any kernel code. Remove it.

Wang Chen (2):
netdevice hdlc: Convert directly reference of netdev->priv to netdev->ml_priv
netdevice pc300: Convert directly reference of netdev->priv to netdev->ml_priv

Documentation/DocBook/Makefile | 2 +-
Documentation/DocBook/networking.tmpl | 3 -
Documentation/DocBook/wanbook.tmpl | 99 --
Documentation/networking/generic-hdlc.txt | 8 +-
drivers/net/wan/Makefile | 2 +-
drivers/net/wan/c101.c | 6 +-
drivers/net/wan/{hd6457x.c => hd64570.c} | 254 ++----
drivers/net/wan/hd64572.c | 641 +++++++++++++
drivers/net/wan/hdlc_fr.c | 10 +-
drivers/net/wan/hdlc_ppp.c | 648 ++++++++++++-
drivers/net/wan/n2.c | 9 +-
drivers/net/wan/pc300_drv.c | 17 +-
drivers/net/wan/pc300too.c | 73 +-
drivers/net/wan/pci200syn.c | 77 +-
drivers/net/wan/syncppp.c | 1479 -----------------------------
include/linux/hdlc.h | 2 +-
include/net/syncppp.h | 102 --

delete Documentation/DocBook/wanbook.tmpl
rename drivers/net/wan/{hd6457x.c => hd64570.c} (78%)
create drivers/net/wan/hd64572.c (hd6457x.c split into these two)
delete drivers/net/wan/syncppp.c
delete include/net/syncppp.h
--
Krzysztof Halasa

2008-10-12 21:47:39

by David Miller

> f3073ac76755abd63b1d4c3d145f4c15b65b5355 (i.e., your netdev-2.6):
> Guennadi Liakhovetski (1): smc911x: Fix external PHY detection
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/chris/linux-2.6.git for-david

You've missed the networking merge window, as I stated the other
day I'm not taking any more networking changes.

You should have merged this in earlier.