2013-03-18 13:16:07

by Andy Shevchenko

Subject: request line field in the generic slave config structure

Hello!

It seems the one (as I think good) question was left unanswered:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg186120.html

What is your opinions, comments?

--
Andy Shevchenko <[email protected]>
Intel Finland Oy

????{.n?+???????+%?????ݶ??w??{.n?+????{??G?????{ay?ʇڙ?,j??f???h?????????z_??(?階?ݢj"???m??????G????????????&???~???iO???z??v?^?m???? ????????I?

2013-03-18 13:30:42

by Arnd Bergmann

On Monday 18 March 2013, Shevchenko, Andriy wrote:
> Hello!
>
> It seems the one (as I think good) question was left unanswered:
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg186120.html
>
> What is your opinions, comments?

I'm not sure I understand what the question was. Is this about
whether we should remove the "slave_id" field in the slave
configuration?

Those sort of duplicate the request line information that comes
from the platform in a data structure that should be filled by
the device driver without platform specific knowledge.

I believe that is currently used by shmobile, and we won't be able
to kill that before that platform has been converted to use
dma_request_slave_channel.

Arnd

2013-03-18 13:30:38

by Arnd Bergmann

On Monday 18 March 2013, Shevchenko, Andriy wrote:
> Hello!
>
> It seems the one (as I think good) question was left unanswered:
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg186120.html
>
> What is your opinions, comments?

I'm not sure I understand what the question was. Is this about
whether we should remove the "slave_id" field in the slave
configuration?

Those sort of duplicate the request line information that comes
from the platform in a data structure that should be filled by
the device driver without platform specific knowledge.

I believe that is currently used by shmobile, and we won't be able
to kill that before that platform has been converted to use
dma_request_slave_channel.

Arnd

2013-03-21 10:36:20

by Vinod Koul

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 01:30:29PM +0000, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Monday 18 March 2013, Shevchenko, Andriy wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > It seems the one (as I think good) question was left unanswered:
> > http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg186120.html
> >
> > What is your opinions, comments?
>
> I'm not sure I understand what the question was. Is this about
> whether we should remove the "slave_id" field in the slave
> configuration?
Ditto :)

The slave_id memeber in dma_slave_config should be used for this