2003-09-24 21:47:16

by Dave Poirier

Subject: 2.6.0-test5-mm3 Promise SuperTrak SX6000 unrecognized

I have a Promise SuperTRAK SX6000 IDE RAID controller card which, no
matter which options are set in the kernel, fail to be recognized. I
tried with 2.4.22, 2.6.0-test1..test5 and 2.6.0-test5-mm3, all of which
simply seems to ignore the card altogether.

Find attached the `lspci -vxx` output.

Let me know if you need any testing, I am more than willing to help on
this.

2003-09-24 21:59:26

by Dave Poirier

"Dave Poirier" <[email protected]> writes:
(snip)
>Find attached the `lspci -vxx` output.
(snip)

Attachments:
lspci.txt (7.16 kB)

2003-09-24 23:50:10

by Samuel Flory

Dave Poirier wrote:
> I have a Promise SuperTRAK SX6000 IDE RAID controller card which, no
> matter which options are set in the kernel, fail to be recognized. I
> tried with 2.4.22, 2.6.0-test1..test5 and 2.6.0-test5-mm3, all of which
> simply seems to ignore the card altogether.
>
> Find attached the `lspci -vxx` output.
>
> Let me know if you need any testing, I am more than willing to help on
> this.

Have you tried the generic i2o driver? 'Modprobe i2o_scsi'

--
Once you have their hardware. Never give it back.
(The First Rule of Hardware Acquisition)

2003-09-25 00:43:05

by Dave Poirier

Samuel Flory <[email protected]> writes:
>Dave Poirier wrote:
>(snip)
>
> Have you tried the generic i2o driver? 'Modprobe i2o_scsi'
(snip)

Yes, without positive result. I took the liberty of attaching `dmesg`
output. I have SCSI disk and cdrom support, i2o (all selected, block,
scsi, pci, etc), with both selected and unselected Promise 20276 support.

The BIOS of the controller is set to "Other OS" and configured with one
RAID 1 array of 2 identical 80GB drives.

As you will be able to see in the dmesg output, i2o scsi did not find any
controller.

-Dave

Attachments:
dmesg.txt (14.55 kB)

2003-09-25 07:22:11

by Juergen Sawinski

http://lkml.org/lkml/2003/2/4/138
(and other threads)

--> 2) In the BIOS of the card, set it to "Other OS', not Linux
--> 3) Disable support for Promise cards in Linux

George

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 23:49, Dave Poirier wrote:
> I have a Promise SuperTRAK SX6000 IDE RAID controller card which, no
> matter which options are set in the kernel, fail to be recognized. I
> tried with 2.4.22, 2.6.0-test1..test5 and 2.6.0-test5-mm3, all of which
> simply seems to ignore the card altogether.

2003-09-25 11:34:26

by Dave Poirier

Juergen Sawinski <[email protected]> writes:
>http://lkml.org/lkml/2003/2/4/138
>(and other threads)
>
>--> 2) In the BIOS of the card, set it to "Other OS', not Linux
>--> 3) Disable support for Promise cards in Linux
>
>George

I've done that already.

-Dave