2005-03-16 14:53:10

by Brian Gerst

Subject: BK snapshots broken

The snapshots on kernel.org are being created from the most recent tag
in the BK repo, which is 2.6.11.3. That means they are missing all of
the changesets between the 2.6.11 and 2.6.11.3 tags, and don't apply to
a clean 2.6.11 tree.

--
Brian Gerst

2005-03-16 16:06:48

by Prakash Punnoor

Subject: Re: BK snapshots broken

Brian Gerst schrieb:
> The snapshots on kernel.org are being created from the most recent tag
> in the BK repo, which is 2.6.11.3. That means they are missing all of
> the changesets between the 2.6.11 and 2.6.11.3 tags, and don't apply to
> a clean 2.6.11 tree.

Furthermore I miss incremental patch. I wouldn't mind if bk now bases of
2.6.11.x kernel, but there is not .3-bk1 to .3-bk2 patch. :-/

--
Prakash Punnoor

formerly known as Prakash K. Cheemplavam

Attachments:
signature.asc (189.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2005-03-16 18:31:51

by Jeff Garzik

Brian Gerst wrote:
> The snapshots on kernel.org are being created from the most recent tag
> in the BK repo, which is 2.6.11.3. That means they are missing all of
> the changesets between the 2.6.11 and 2.6.11.3 tags, and don't apply to
> a clean 2.6.11 tree.

This is my fault, but I won't have a chance to fix for a day or two.

The BK snapshot script finds the latest kernel version by looking at the
BK tag. It should probably look directly at the Makefile, I suppose.

Jeff