2009-01-22 07:42:38

by Miguel Ángel Álvarez

Subject: IXP4XX queues

Hi

Last December we talked about 64 queues and IXP4XX. Karl has a patch
for them, and although I think it could be better to splitt it into
two different ones ("plain 64 queue expansion" for which I proposed a
modified patch based on Karl's, and "debugging and other things"), I
prefer Karl's to none.

What do you think of this? Which should be the best way to include it
in the main stream kernel?

Thanks

Miguel ?ngel

2009-01-22 10:51:53

by Karl Hiramoto

Subject: Re: IXP4XX queues

Miguel ?ngel ?lvarez wrote:
> Hi
>
> Last December we talked about 64 queues and IXP4XX. Karl has a patch
> for them, and although I think it could be better to splitt it into
> two different ones ("plain 64 queue expansion" for which I proposed a
> modified patch based on Karl's, and "debugging and other things"), I
> prefer Karl's to none.
>
> What do you think of this? Which should be the best way to include it
> in the main stream kernel?
>
> Thanks
>
> Miguel ?ngel

The patch needs minor rework so it applies cleanly against 2.6.29-rc2
at the moment i don't have time to do this and test it.

--
Karl

2009-01-22 13:08:56

by Miguel Ángel Álvarez

Hi

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Karl Hiramoto <[email protected]> wrote:
> Miguel ?ngel ?lvarez wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Last December we talked about 64 queues and IXP4XX. Karl has a patch
>> for them, and although I think it could be better to splitt it into
>> two different ones ("plain 64 queue expansion" for which I proposed a
>> modified patch based on Karl's, and "debugging and other things"), I
>> prefer Karl's to none.
>>
>> What do you think of this? Which should be the best way to include it
>> in the main stream kernel?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Miguel ?ngel
>>

> The patch needs minor rework so it applies cleanly against 2.6.29-rc2
> at the moment i don't have time to do this and test it.

I do not have much problem in doing that rework myself. However I need
help in making its way into the kernel, because I have not good
experiences in that.

Miguel ?ngel

2009-01-22 15:30:28

by Krzysztof Halasa

Miguel ?ngel ?lvarez <[email protected]> writes:

> Last December we talked about 64 queues and IXP4XX. Karl has a patch
> for them, and although I think it could be better to splitt it into
> two different ones ("plain 64 queue expansion" for which I proposed a
> modified patch based on Karl's, and "debugging and other things"), I
> prefer Karl's to none.

I will look at this stuff again soon, currently -ENOTIME but this
condition will only last for few days. Thanks for the reminder.
--
Krzysztof Halasa

2009-01-23 07:38:33

by Miguel Ángel Álvarez

Hi

2009/1/22 Krzysztof Halasa <[email protected]>:
> Miguel ?ngel ?lvarez <[email protected]> writes:
>
>> Last December we talked about 64 queues and IXP4XX. Karl has a patch
>> for them, and although I think it could be better to splitt it into
>> two different ones ("plain 64 queue expansion" for which I proposed a
>> modified patch based on Karl's, and "debugging and other things"), I
>> prefer Karl's to none.
>
> I will look at this stuff again soon, currently -ENOTIME but this
> condition will only last for few days. Thanks for the reminder.

Sure... I was just offering my help.

Miguel ?ngel ?lvarez