2008-07-20 16:37:14

by Elias Oltmanns

Subject: Freezer: How to handle timers?

Hi there,

am I right in thinking that timers set by mod_timer() will not fire
once suspend_freeze_processes() has completed? If so, what options do I
have to make sure that either suspending will be delayed until my timer
has expired, or the timeout callback will be called as part of the
suspend sequence even if the timer has not expired yet?

Thanks in advance,

Elias

2008-07-22 14:07:19

by Elias Oltmanns

Subject: Re: Freezer: How to handle timers?

Elias Oltmanns <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> am I right in thinking that timers set by mod_timer() will not fire
> once suspend_freeze_processes() has completed? If so, what options do I
> have to make sure that either suspending will be delayed until my timer
> has expired, or the timeout callback will be called as part of the
> suspend sequence even if the timer has not expired yet?

Alright, I think I can solve my particular problem quite well by means
of a pm notifier. However, I'm still wondering whether timers really
should be affected by suspend_freeze_processes().

Regards,

Elias

2008-08-08 22:01:44

by Pavel Machek

On Tue 2008-07-22 16:06:59, Elias Oltmanns wrote:
> Elias Oltmanns <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > am I right in thinking that timers set by mod_timer() will not fire
> > once suspend_freeze_processes() has completed? If so, what options do I
> > have to make sure that either suspending will be delayed until my timer
> > has expired, or the timeout callback will be called as part of the
> > suspend sequence even if the timer has not expired yet?
>
> Alright, I think I can solve my particular problem quite well by means
> of a pm notifier. However, I'm still wondering whether timers really
> should be affected by suspend_freeze_processes().

I don't think they are... are they?