2021-02-05 02:00:55

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the pm tree

Hi all,

After merging the pm tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
failed like this:

drivers/gpu/drm/gma500/tc35876x-dsi-lvds.c: In function 'tc35876x_brightness_init':
drivers/gpu/drm/gma500/tc35876x-dsi-lvds.c:454:8: error: implicit declaration of function 'intel_scu_ipc_ioread8'; did you mean 'intel_scu_ipc_readv'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
454 | ret = intel_scu_ipc_ioread8(GPIOPWMCTRL, &pwmctrl);
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| intel_scu_ipc_readv
drivers/gpu/drm/gma500/tc35876x-dsi-lvds.c:461:9: error: implicit declaration of function 'intel_scu_ipc_iowrite8'; did you mean 'intel_scu_ipc_writev'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
461 | ret = intel_scu_ipc_iowrite8(GPIOPWMCTRL, 0x01);
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| intel_scu_ipc_writev
drivers/watchdog/intel_scu_watchdog.c:34:10: fatal error: asm/apb_timer.h: No such file or directory
34 | #include <asm/apb_timer.h>
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/rtc/rtc-mrst.c:38:10: fatal error: asm/intel_mid_vrtc.h: No such file or directory
38 | #include <asm/intel_mid_vrtc.h>
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commits

80b6aebc7705 ("x86/platform/intel-mid: Remove unused leftovers (vRTC)")
975272714c6f ("x86/apb_timer: Remove driver for deprecated platform")
08a1ce661b5c ("mfd: intel_msic: Remove driver for deprecated platform")

I have used the pm tree from next-20210204 for today.

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2021-02-05 11:27:25

by Andy Shevchenko

PR had just been sent to linux-acpi@ and Rafael in Cc.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

2021-02-08 20:48:21

by Rafael J. Wysocki

On Friday, February 5, 2021 12:15:22 PM CET Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 11:14 AM Andy Shevchenko
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Friday, February 5, 2021, Stephen Rothwell <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >> After merging the pm tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
> >> failed like this:
> >>

> > Rafael, maybe I was unclear when explaining to you the dependencies with the series of series, but all three parts should go ordered. In any case it’s easy to fix. I will send you a PR late today of the immutable tag (part 1) that needs to be included in order to avoid the above.
>
> PR had just been sent to linux-acpi@ and Rafael in Cc.

I haven't seen that PR, though, in any of my inboxes etc.

Can you please point me to an archive or similar where I can find it?

Cheers!

2021-02-08 20:59:25

by Andy Shevchenko

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 9:30 PM Rafael J. Wysocki <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Friday, February 5, 2021 12:15:22 PM CET Andy Shevchenko wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 11:14 AM Andy Shevchenko
> > <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Rafael, maybe I was unclear when explaining to you the dependencies with the series of series, but all three parts should go ordered. In any case it’s easy to fix. I will send you a PR late today of the immutable tag (part 1) that needs to be included in order to avoid the above.
> >
> > PR had just been sent to linux-acpi@ and Rafael in Cc.
>
> I haven't seen that PR, though, in any of my inboxes etc.
>
> Can you please point me to an archive or similar where I can find it?

Sure, lore has it

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-acpi/[email protected]/T/#u

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

2021-02-08 21:00:59

by Andy Shevchenko

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 9:47 PM Andy Shevchenko
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 9:30 PM Rafael J. Wysocki <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > On Friday, February 5, 2021 12:15:22 PM CET Andy Shevchenko wrote:

> > > PR had just been sent to linux-acpi@ and Rafael in Cc.
> >
> > I haven't seen that PR, though, in any of my inboxes etc.
> >
> > Can you please point me to an archive or similar where I can find it?
>
> Sure, lore has it
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-acpi/[email protected]/T/#u

If it is possible, please pull that PR and on top of that (re-)apply
the MFD related series.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

2021-02-09 16:07:59

by Andy Shevchenko

On Tue, Feb 09, 2021 at 03:32:38PM +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 8:48 PM Andy Shevchenko
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 9:47 PM Andy Shevchenko
> > <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Sure, lore has it
> > >
> > > https://lore.kernel.org/linux-acpi/[email protected]/T/#u
> >
> > If it is possible, please pull that PR and on top of that (re-)apply
> > the MFD related series.
>
> Done (merged into the bleeding-edge branch).

Looks perfect, thanks! I will send a last part soon (tomorrow at last).

> I was confused by it apparently asking Linus to pull. :-)

Ah, sorry, it looks like I forgot to update the text when sending it again...

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

2021-02-10 05:13:22