2020-07-28 05:50:13

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the devicetree tree with the pci tree

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the devicetree tree got a conflict in:

Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pci/qcom,pcie.txt

between commits:

736ae5c91712 ("dt-bindings: PCI: qcom: Add missing clks")
b11b8cc161de ("dt-bindings: PCI: qcom: Add ext reset")
d511580ea9c2 ("dt-bindings: PCI: qcom: Add ipq8064 rev 2 variant")

from the pci tree and commit:

70172d196947 ("dt-bindings: pci: convert QCOM pci bindings to YAML")

from the devicetree tree.

I don;t know how to fixed it up so I just left the latter one . This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2020-07-28 08:31:36

by Sivaprakash Murugesan

On 7/28/2020 11:19 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the devicetree tree got a conflict in:
>
> Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pci/qcom,pcie.txt
>
> between commits:
>
> 736ae5c91712 ("dt-bindings: PCI: qcom: Add missing clks")
> b11b8cc161de ("dt-bindings: PCI: qcom: Add ext reset")
> d511580ea9c2 ("dt-bindings: PCI: qcom: Add ipq8064 rev 2 variant")
>
> from the pci tree and commit:
>
> 70172d196947 ("dt-bindings: pci: convert QCOM pci bindings to YAML")
>
> from the devicetree tree.
>
> I don;t know how to fixed it up so I just left the latter one . This
> is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
> conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
> is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider cooperating
> with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
> complex conflicts.

Rob/Bjorn,

Please let me know if I can provide a patch rebased to linux-next.

Bjorn can pick up the patch after review and Rob can drop the old pci
yaml conversion patch.

let me know your thoughts.

2020-07-28 15:21:46

by Rob Herring

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 2:28 AM Sivaprakash Murugesan
<[email protected]> wrote:

> On 7/28/2020 11:19 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Today's linux-next merge of the devicetree tree got a conflict in:
> >
> > Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pci/qcom,pcie.txt
> >
> > between commits:
> >
> > 736ae5c91712 ("dt-bindings: PCI: qcom: Add missing clks")
> > b11b8cc161de ("dt-bindings: PCI: qcom: Add ext reset")
> > d511580ea9c2 ("dt-bindings: PCI: qcom: Add ipq8064 rev 2 variant")
> >
> > from the pci tree and commit:
> >
> > 70172d196947 ("dt-bindings: pci: convert QCOM pci bindings to YAML")
> >
> > from the devicetree tree.
> >
> > I don;t know how to fixed it up so I just left the latter one . This
> > is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
> > conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
> > is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider cooperating
> > with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
> > complex conflicts.
>
> Rob/Bjorn,
>
> Please let me know if I can provide a patch rebased to linux-next.

A patch based on linux-next is useless unless you want it applied
after the next merge window because no one can apply it.

> Bjorn can pick up the patch after review and Rob can drop the old pci
> yaml conversion patch.

I'll drop it and it can go via the PCI tree. I have some minor fixups
I'll comment on.

Rob