2022-09-06 18:39:02

by Varsha Teratipally

Subject: Request to cherry-pick 01ea173e103edd5ec41acec65b9261b87e123fc2 to v5.10

Hi all,

Commit 01ea173e103edd5ec41acec65b9261b87e123fc2 (upstream: xfs: fix up
non-directory creation in SGID directories) fixes an issue where in xfs
sometimes, a local user could create files with an unitended group
permissions as an owner and execution where a directory is SGID and belongs to a certain group and is writable by a user who is not a member of this group and seems like a good candidate for the v5.10 stable tree given that 5.10 is used in versions of debian, ubuntu.

This patch applies cleanly. Let me know what you think

2022-09-07 08:42:58

by Amir Goldstein

On Tue, Sep 6, 2022 at 9:36 PM Varsha Teratipally
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Commit 01ea173e103edd5ec41acec65b9261b87e123fc2 (upstream: xfs: fix up
> non-directory creation in SGID directories) fixes an issue where in xfs
> sometimes, a local user could create files with an unitended group
> permissions as an owner and execution where a directory is SGID and belongs to a certain group and is writable by a user who is not a member of this group and seems like a good candidate for the v5.10 stable tree given that 5.10 is used in versions of debian, ubuntu.
>
> This patch applies cleanly. Let me know what you think

Since you already posted the patch, I wrote what I think on the post:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-xfs/CAOQ4uxi_Q8aXUg+FM0Q9__t=KqJSVqOgkS8j8kNC3MQfniZLWA@mail.gmail.com/

Bottom line - I think that the patch should be applied to 5.10.y
without further delay.

Thanks,
Amir.