2002-07-05 20:32:39

by James Simmons

Subject: More Fbdev policies.

Recently I was porting several fbdev drivers over to the new api. Some
driver writers asked to have the changes reverted. So anyone who wants the
drivers reverted to the previous state say so. I will revert them. I did
this not to break any drivers but have a smooth transition. This will not
be the case now.

NOTE:
I will begin change the upper fbdev layer monday thus breaking most
if not all drivers. It is up to the maintainers to fix them. If not
fixed by the end of the developement cycle they will be dropped.

. ---
|o_o |
|:_/ | Give Micro$oft the Bird!!!!
// \ \ Use Linux!!!!
(| | )
/'\_ _/`\
\___)=(___/

2002-07-06 18:25:35

by Pavel Machek

Subject: Re: More Fbdev policies.

Hi!

> Recently I was porting several fbdev drivers over to the new api. Some
> driver writers asked to have the changes reverted. So anyone who wants the
> drivers reverted to the previous state say so. I will revert them. I did
> this not to break any drivers but have a smooth transition. This will not
> be the case now.
>
> NOTE:
> I will begin change the upper fbdev layer monday thus breaking most
> if not all drivers. It is up to the maintainers to fix them. If not
> fixed by the end of the developement cycle they will be dropped.

End of development cycle == 2.6.0 or 2.6.20? It would probably make
sense to only mark them broken for stable series, they are pretty
likely to be fixed there.
Pavel
--
Worst form of spam? Adding advertisment signatures ala sourceforge.net.
What goes next? Inserting advertisment *into* email?