2004-10-03 12:36:47

by Marcus Metzler

Subject: Efficeon

Hi,

I was just wondering which CPU options I should choose for compiling a
kernel for an Efficeon?
Crusoe seems to work fine.

Marcus

| Dr. Marcus O.C. Metzler | |
| [email protected] | http://www.metzlerbros.de/ |
|>>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodies <<<|

2004-10-04 02:24:38

by dean gaudet

Subject: Re: Efficeon

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004, Marcus Metzler wrote:

> I was just wondering which CPU options I should choose for compiling a
> kernel for an Efficeon?
> Crusoe seems to work fine.

crusoe is similar to a 586 whereas efficeon is similar to a p4. i use
either pentium4 or pentium-m (or 686 if i want a generic kernel).

-dean

2004-10-04 11:49:39

by Bernhard Rosenkraenzer

On Sunday 03 October 2004 14:36, Marcus Metzler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering which CPU options I should choose for compiling a
> kernel for an Efficeon?
> Crusoe seems to work fine.

Crusoe works, but doesn't give you all the features of the Efficeon CPU
(Crusoe doesn't have SSE and friends AFAIR). You may want to try Pentium4.

LLaP
bero