2005-03-09 18:32:55

by Alan

Subject: PATCH: 2.6.11-ac2

2.6.11-ac2
o Merge 2.6.11.2 (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
including epoll error handling (Georgi Guninski)
| Theoretically security
o Fix a couple of pwc warnings (Alan Cox)
o Ressurect epca driver (Alan Cox)

2.6.11-ac1
o Fix jbd race in ext3 (Stephen Tweedie)

Carried over from 2.6.10-ac

Security
o AF_ROSE security hole fix - still missing from base
o Bridge failure to check kmalloc argument overflow

Functionality
o PWC USB camera driver
o Working ULI526X support (added to base in .11 but broken)
o ATP88x support
o Intelligent misrouted IRQ handlers
o Fix PCI boxes that take minutes IDE probing
o Remove bogus confusing XFree86 keyboard message
o Support fibre AMD pcnet32
o Runtime configurable clock
| So you can run laptops usefully. Set 100Hz to fix
| the power drain, clock sliding and other problems
| 1000Hz causes
o Fix token ring locking so token ring can be used again
o x86_64/32 cross build fixes
o NetROM locking fixes (so NetROM actually works!)
o SUID dumpable support
o Don't log pointless CD messages
o Minimal stallion driver functionality
o IDE from 2.6-ac

Misc
o Correct LANANA URL

2005-03-09 19:05:35

by Bill Davidsen

Subject: Re: PATCH: 2.6.11-ac2

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Alan Cox wrote:

> 2.6.11-ac2
> o Merge 2.6.11.2 (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
> including epoll error handling (Georgi Guninski)
> | Theoretically security
> o Fix a couple of pwc warnings (Alan Cox)
> o Ressurect epca driver (Alan Cox)
>
> 2.6.11-ac1
> o Fix jbd race in ext3 (Stephen Tweedie)

You know what would be really useful... if http://www.kernel.org listed the
"latest -ac" patch as something current instead of 2.6.10-ac12, which was
a great patch in its day, but hasn't been current for a while.

In fairness, the -mm is out of date, too. Perhaps a bit of automation
would be appropriate here, so that no one would have to update this
manually.

--
bill davidsen <[email protected]>
CTO, TMR Associates, Inc

by Jason Lunz

[email protected] said:
> You know what would be really useful... if http://www.kernel.org listed the
> "latest -ac" patch as something current instead of 2.6.10-ac12, which was
> a great patch in its day, but hasn't been current for a while.
>
> In fairness, the -mm is out of date, too. Perhaps a bit of automation
> would be appropriate here, so that no one would have to update this
> manually.

I could have sworn it showed 2.6.11-ac1 for a while. Maybe the 2.6.11.2
stuff broke it somehow?

Jason

2005-03-09 20:58:35

by Rafael J. Wysocki

On Wednesday, 9 of March 2005 20:31, Jason Lunz wrote:
> [email protected] said:
> > You know what would be really useful... if http://www.kernel.org listed the
> > "latest -ac" patch as something current instead of 2.6.10-ac12, which was
> > a great patch in its day, but hasn't been current for a while.
> >
> > In fairness, the -mm is out of date, too. Perhaps a bit of automation
> > would be appropriate here, so that no one would have to update this
> > manually.
>
> I could have sworn it showed 2.6.11-ac1 for a while. Maybe the 2.6.11.2
> stuff broke it somehow?

Surely it did.

Greets,
Rafael

--
- Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
- That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.