2007-10-28 19:55:24

by Sergey S. Kostyliov

Subject: 2.6.24-rc1 kills onboard r8169 (rtl8111b) NIC

Hello,

After booting 2.6.24-rc1 on my home machine I lost onboard rtl8111b
network card. It is neither functional nor even visible by lspci
anymore.

Moreover rebooting to previous 2.6.23-rc9 didn't fix it - card was
still not available.

This is ASRock ALiveXFire-eSATA2 motherboard. I know about at least
one identical incident (person is in cc:) with the same motherboard.

.config, dmesg, output of dmidecode and lspci -v (after the incident)
are attached.

Attachments:
(No filename) (463.00 B)
.config (32.92 kB)
dmesg (16.25 kB)
dmidecode (10.01 kB)
lspci-v (5.60 kB)

by Francois Romieu

Subject: Re: 2.6.24-rc1 kills onboard r8169 (rtl8111b) NIC

Sergey S. Kostyliov <[email protected]> :
[...]
> After booting 2.6.24-rc1 on my home machine I lost onboard rtl8111b
> network card. It is neither functional nor even visible by lspci
> anymore.
>
> Moreover rebooting to previous 2.6.23-rc9 didn't fix it - card was
> still not available.

It should reappear after some time at rest. Until I come with
something better, you should use 2.6.24-rc with the r8169 driver from
2.6.23.

--
Ueimor