2010-01-23 00:52:29

by Luis R. Rodriguez

Subject: ath3k for 2.6.33-rc6

Hey Marcel,

sorry about the confusion the other day about overstepping you for a
push for ath3k into 2.6.33, I'd like to clarify that was not my
intention, I made the incorrect assumption you received my ping but
didn't care to push it. I wanted to see what you think its OK to push
ath3k into the next cycle for the 2.6.33-rc6 release.

Thanks,

Luis

2010-01-29 07:17:00

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: ath3k for 2.6.33-rc6

Hi Luis,

> > sorry about the confusion the other day about overstepping you for a
> > push for ath3k into 2.6.33, I'd like to clarify that was not my
> > intention, I made the incorrect assumption you received my ping but
> > didn't care to push it. I wanted to see what you think its OK to push
> > ath3k into the next cycle for the 2.6.33-rc6 release.
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> Marcel, was wondering if you have given this some thought. Thanks,

I push the tree as soon as I get to Seattle. Just between flights right
now.

Regards

Marcel

2010-01-28 21:58:28

by Luis Chamberlain

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 04:52:29PM -0800, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> Hey Marcel,
>
> sorry about the confusion the other day about overstepping you for a
> push for ath3k into 2.6.33, I'd like to clarify that was not my
> intention, I made the incorrect assumption you received my ping but
> didn't care to push it. I wanted to see what you think its OK to push
> ath3k into the next cycle for the 2.6.33-rc6 release.
>
> Thanks,

Marcel, was wondering if you have given this some thought. Thanks,

Luis

2010-02-03 15:35:03

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Luis,

> > sorry about the confusion the other day about overstepping you for a
> > push for ath3k into 2.6.33, I'd like to clarify that was not my
> > intention, I made the incorrect assumption you received my ping but
> > didn't care to push it. I wanted to see what you think its OK to push
> > ath3k into the next cycle for the 2.6.33-rc6 release.
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> Marcel, was wondering if you have given this some thought. Thanks,

that driver ended up in Linus' tree now. So just for future reference
for everybody. After -rc2, I only wanna have fixes. There should be no
reason why a driver couldn't be ready in time before the merge window.
And approx 2-3 weeks grace period after it for new drivers seems to be
more than enough to get them cleaned and merged.

Regards

Marcel