2011-04-13 07:27:21

by braghave

Hi All,

I was looking at the archived conversations below,

http://marc.info/?t=128290950000001&r=1&w=2

I see, there is some effort in adding this BT_SECURITY_HIGH suuport in to
the bluez
stack, which is a mandatory for the BT SAP profile.

Could you please, let me know what is the plan to release these patches as
part of
Bluez?

These patches seem to be suffecient. But, may need to add another D-Bus
property to emit to the UI layers to take 16 character PIN code.

Bhaktha

Qualcomm India, on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum

by Rymarkiewicz Waldemar

Subject: RE: About the BT_SECURITY_HIGH support in Bluez stack

Hi,
>Is there any plan to add this feature to Bluez in near future?
>at least for bluez 5.x time frame?

Yes, I plan to fix it.

Waldek

2011-04-13 13:38:25

by braghave

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

--

> Hi,
>
>>> I was looking at the archived conversations below,
>>>
>>> http://marc.info/?t=128290950000001&r=1&w=2
>>>
>>> I see, there is some effort in adding this BT_SECURITY_HIGH suuport
>>> in to the bluez stack, which is a mandatory for the BT SAP profile.
>>>
>>> Could you please, let me know what is the plan to release these
>>> patches as part of Bluez?
>>>
>>> These patches seem to be suffecient. But, may need to add another
>>> D-Bus property to emit to the UI layers to take 16 character
>>PIN code.
>
> Those patches are obsolete as this part has changed significantly.
> Most of this should be supported in kernel and not bluez now.
>
> Waldek

2011-04-13 10:56:28

by Rymarkiewicz Waldemar

Hi,

>> I was looking at the archived conversations below,
>>
>> http://marc.info/?t=128290950000001&r=1&w=2
>>
>> I see, there is some effort in adding this BT_SECURITY_HIGH suuport
>> in to the bluez stack, which is a mandatory for the BT SAP profile.
>>
>> Could you please, let me know what is the plan to release these
>> patches as part of Bluez?
>>
>> These patches seem to be suffecient. But, may need to add another
>> D-Bus property to emit to the UI layers to take 16 character
>PIN code.

Those patches are obsolete as this part has changed significantly.
Most of this should be supported in kernel and not bluez now.

Waldek

2011-04-13 07:29:35

by braghave

Adding the subject,