2019-02-04 20:36:40

by David Summers

Subject: drivers/bluetooth/Kconfig BT_HCIUART_RTL depends on ACPI

Hi Marcel,

On Arch Linux Arm, have a couple of people helping with the Tinker Board
Patches - think we are close to something that may get passed.

Now testing it far more, and a snag, drivers/bluetooth/Kconfig contains:

config BT_HCIUART_RTL
    bool "Realtek protocol support"
    depends on BT_HCIUART
    depends on BT_HCIUART_SERDEV
    depends on GPIOLIB
    depends on ACPI
    select BT_HCIUART_3WIRE
    select BT_RTL

But why does it depend on ACPI? I haven't found a way of setting that in
4.20, used to be in Power Management IIRC - but can't find now.

find . -name Kconfig -type f -exec grep "select ACPI" '{}' \;

Doesn't find anything to select ACPI ...

Any ideas?

David.

2019-02-18 10:48:15

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi David,

> On Arch Linux Arm, have a couple of people helping with the Tinker Board Patches - think we are close to something that may get passed.
>
> Now testing it far more, and a snag, drivers/bluetooth/Kconfig contains:
>
> config BT_HCIUART_RTL
> bool "Realtek protocol support"
> depends on BT_HCIUART
> depends on BT_HCIUART_SERDEV
> depends on GPIOLIB
> depends on ACPI
> select BT_HCIUART_3WIRE
> select BT_RTL
>
> But why does it depend on ACPI? I haven't found a way of setting that in 4.20, used to be in Power Management IIRC - but can't find now.
>
> find . -name Kconfig -type f -exec grep "select ACPI" '{}' \;
>
> Doesn't find anything to select ACPI …

initially we only supported Realtek chips that are described via ACPI. For DT based ones you need to extend this. The Broadcom ones uses this line:

depends on (!ACPI || SERIAL_DEV_CTRL_TTYPORT)

Maybe this works here as well.

Regards

Marcel

2019-02-18 20:05:20

by David Summers

On 18/02/2019 10:48, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi David,
>
>> On Arch Linux Arm, have a couple of people helping with the Tinker Board Patches - think we are close to something that may get passed.
>>
>> Now testing it far more, and a snag, drivers/bluetooth/Kconfig contains:
>>
>> config BT_HCIUART_RTL
>> bool "Realtek protocol support"
>> depends on BT_HCIUART
>> depends on BT_HCIUART_SERDEV
>> depends on GPIOLIB
>> depends on ACPI
>> select BT_HCIUART_3WIRE
>> select BT_RTL
>>
>> But why does it depend on ACPI? I haven't found a way of setting that in 4.20, used to be in Power Management IIRC - but can't find now.
>>
>> find . -name Kconfig -type f -exec grep "select ACPI" '{}' \;
>>
>> Doesn't find anything to select ACPI …
> initially we only supported Realtek chips that are described via ACPI. For DT based ones you need to extend this. The Broadcom ones uses this line:
>
> depends on (!ACPI || SERIAL_DEV_CTRL_TTYPORT)
>
> Maybe this works here as well.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

Thanks Marcel,

Happy we have some else on ArchLinux ARM, Stefan Wahren, who has showed
an interest in getting these things working. He has (very recently) had
a go at and update, available here:

https://gist.github.com/lategoodbye/79bac99d4f1158a719a48ea3c45eb7f1

Any we have asked someone with a ASUS Tinker Board (S) to test. Stefan changes are good, because he has set up so it uses device tree - which is what we need on ARM. However he has said this was just a hack, so even if it works I expect he'll make more updates.

Hopefully though he'll be able to send a PATCH in when he is ready.

Regards,

David