2021-03-04 16:36:03

by Russell Coker

Subject: cgroups

https://sourceforge.net/projects/libcg/files/

Above seems to be the source for the programs listed in policy/modules/
services/cgroup.fc, upstream has no changes since 2014 and the package in
Debian doesn't support cgroup2 so is pretty much useless.

Is there any reason for not deleting policy/modules/services/cgroup.* from
refpolicy?

Also as an aside what is the best way of managing cgroups and do we have
policy that works with it?

--
My Main Blog http://etbe.coker.com.au/
My Documents Blog http://doc.coker.com.au/

2021-03-04 18:09:22

by Chris PeBenito

Subject: Re: cgroups

On 3/4/21 6:21 AM, Russell Coker wrote:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/libcg/files/
>
> Above seems to be the source for the programs listed in policy/modules/
> services/cgroup.fc, upstream has no changes since 2014 and the package in
> Debian doesn't support cgroup2 so is pretty much useless.
>
> Is there any reason for not deleting policy/modules/services/cgroup.* from
> refpolicy?

No.

> Also as an aside what is the best way of managing cgroups and do we have
> policy that works with it?

Probably systemd.

--
Chris PeBenito

2021-03-04 18:33:53

by Dominick Grift

Russell Coker <[email protected]> writes:

> https://sourceforge.net/projects/libcg/files/
>
> Above seems to be the source for the programs listed in policy/modules/
> services/cgroup.fc, upstream has no changes since 2014 and the package in
> Debian doesn't support cgroup2 so is pretty much useless.
>
> Is there any reason for not deleting policy/modules/services/cgroup.* from
> refpolicy?

libgroup is indeed probably history. Although I vaguely recall it still
being used somewhere out there. I wouldnt mind removing it.

> Also as an aside what is the best way of managing cgroups and do we have
> policy that works with it?

I suppose depends who you ask. Many nowayday's will probably say that systemd
should be the only cgroup manager.

On systems with systemd i generally use systemd, one my openwrt powered
router i just use shell and (init)?scripts

--
gpg --locate-keys [email protected]
Key fingerprint = FCD2 3660 5D6B 9D27 7FC6 E0FF DA7E 521F 10F6 4098